Primary Homeroom Teacher
- Early Childhood, Elementary
- University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- English Primary Education
- Teaching Credential/License
- A bachelor’s degree in Education or Bachelor's Degree in a related subject with PGCE or equivalent teaching qualification.
- Minimum 2 years of teaching experience in the Cambridge Assessment Curriculum.
What we offer
Jet International School is a family of world-class, child-centered, and innovative schools based in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. We educate over 800 students and managed schools and as we grow, so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders.
We offer an attractive remuneration package which includes medical cover, flights, furnished accommodation, and children's education allowance. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place special emphasis on professional development, coaching, and training. Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Jet International School is keen to hear from like-minded, forward-thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Jet International School reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
As much as we would be delighted to entertain all applicants, due to the high volume of applications and robust selection process, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 10 business days.
Jet International School is committed to safeguarding children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.
Jet International School is currently seeking a high-performing English Home Room Teacher – Primary School Level for the August 2023 start. The current vacancy is based in Ulaanbaatar, the capital city of Mongolia.
Jet International School is the Cambridge Assessment Curriculum school. The Cambridge Assessment Curriculum is one of the most highly regarded and successful curricula in the world, with close links to prestigious higher education institutions, world-class universities, and colleges. Graduates of Jet International School receive AS/A level of Cambridge Assessment and also the NCC Diploma of Britain - the standard entry qualification for the world universities and colleges.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Jet International School and to help shape the future of a Mongolian leading school.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
Teaching and learning:
- To be able to teach all areas of the Cambridge Primary Curriculum.
- Organizing the classroom, learning resources, and creating displays to encourage a positive learning environment and support the development of Jet International School.
- Planning, preparing, and presenting lessons that cater to the needs of the whole ability range within the class.
- Providing support and interventions for students with EAL or who have additional learning needs.
- Motivating pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentations.
- Marking children’s work in line with the Jet International School and Feedback policy.
- Being reflective of lessons taught and student progress made and adjusting planning and curriculum to reflect this.
- Meet with other professionals such as speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, and educational psychologists, if required.
- Ensuring that Jet International School Teacher and Learner DNA language and attributes are being embedded throughout the curriculum.
- Contribute to the development of teaching and learning across the school by sharing best practices, and participating in school CPD and T&L initiatives.
- To be able to demonstrate effective use of technology through innovative and creative lesson delivery.
Assessment and data:
- Taking responsibility for the attainment and progress of primary-age pupils to ensure they reach above expectations.
- Meeting the requirements for assessing and recording pupils' development using Target Tracker.
- Using data provided by assessments to influence further planning and interventions.
- Providing regular feedback to parents and careers on a student’s progress at Parent Teacher Conferences and other meetings.
- To plan, prepare, and contribute to termly Pupil Progress meetings.
Behavior management and duties:
- To follow Jet International School's behavior management policy and promote the Mascot's Manners to set high expectations.
- Manage classes effectively, using approaches that are appropriate to pupils’ needs to inspire, motivate and challenge pupils.
- Carry out the playground and other duties punctually, interactively, and proactively.
- Ensure that any concerns relating to behavior & Safeguarding are accurately followed up on and logged on CPOMS.
Wider professional responsibilities:
- To work as part of a curriculum action group, supporting planning, assessment, resources, and special events linked to that team.
- Support with organizing and taking part in school events, outings, and activities that may take place at weekends or in the evening.
- To run a weekly ECA each term to enhance the provision we offer for our students.
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Outstanding teacher.
- Teaching across the age ability range with proven success.
- Experience teaching the Cambridge Assessment Curriculum.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- A commitment to the school’s Vision and USPs.
- Passion for education, teaching, and a belief in the potential of every student.
- Commitment to continuing professional development (CPD).
Qualities and attributes:
- A supportive and approachable team player who can collaborate effectively with others.
- A good communicator at all levels.
- A commitment to developing positive relationships with all school community members.
- A desire to be part of a school that strives for excellence in all that we do.
Jet International School was founded in 2019 and has two schools, one is Primary and another is Middle School. Currently, Jet International School is running educational services for over 740 children with 120 staff, and 80 teachers, 24 of whom are invited or foreign teachers who are specialized in Cambridge Assessment.
We have been implementing Cambridge Assessment in Primary and Middle school and NCC Curriculum in high school.
Jet International School is one of the branch companies of Jet Track Education Service Group. This group has five companies, which are Jet International School, Jet Temuulel School, IELTS Authorized Agency, SAT Authorized Agency, and Jet School of English - English Centre.