Psychology / Sociology Teacher - Tanzania
- High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Psychology, Sociology, Secondary Education
- Teaching Credential/License
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree
- Minimum of an Undergraduate Degree
- Minimum 3 years teaching experience
- Teaching certification/qualification if degree is not in education
- General teaching skills
- Cambridge experience preferred
World Class Health Insurance.
Haven of Peace Academy was started in 1994 by a group of missionary families. Since the first 40 primary students, the school has grown to 350 in grades K-12. HOPAC gained accreditation in 2012 and is a Cambridge International Centre, offering exams in IGCSE and A Level subjects.
Self-motivated, team player, adaptable and willing to learn with experience working in multicultural settings, committed evangelical Christian, fluent in English, familiar with Google Workspace a plus.
- Teach Cambridge IGCSE Sociology and A Level Psychology in accordance with HOPAC curriculum and best practices in teaching and learning
- Supervise a small group for mentoring and service learning
Grades Taught: High School
Subjects Taught: Psychology / Sociology
Extra Curricular Responsibilities: Clubs, Coaching, Homeroom
The Network of International Christian Schools is an organization that consists of 15 schools in 13 countries in Asia, Africa, South America, Europe and North America.
The mission of NICS is to establish a worldwide network of international Christian schools staffed by qualified Christian educators, instilling in each student a Biblical worldview in an environment of academic excellence and respect for people of all cultures and religions.
Tanzania is a land of extremes - it houses Africa’s highest peak as well as its lowest point, and is also home to a portion of the continent’s largest lake. Teachers who wish to explore some of Africa’s most fascinating geography can do so while teaching in Tanzania.