PYP Homeroom Teacher
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Qualifications in Teaching
- Teaching Credential/License
Minimum Application Requirements:
- Must be a fluent English speaker
- Relevant teaching qualifications and a minimum of 2 years of experience teaching primary, preferably in an IB school
- Can teach Numeracy and Literacy
- Can teach phonics
- 1000 euros of moving allowance
- local medical insurance (no dental coverage)- only for the employee (doesn't include family)
- Substantial tuition discount for employee's children
We are an authorized PYP school looking for an energetic, adventurous, and enthusiastic individual to teach in lower primary classes (classes 1-2) in the International Section of the German Embassy School in Tehran. Our school, located on diplomatic soil in a prime location, is the top international school in the country and caters to pupils from many different nationalities, mostly belonging to diplomats’ or expats’ families.
The right candidate must:
- Have a positive attitude towards students and fellow teachers, and willingness to work in a multicultural environment
- Be a team player, resourceful and knowledgeable
- Have a creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
We stand as a recognized German school abroad in the tradition of a German school in Tehran since 1907. Our work serves to maintain the partnership relationship between Germany and our host country Iran. In our modern school, we offer an attractive learning atmosphere for children from kindergarten to high school.
With a differentiated language concept, we provide the prerequisites for the acquisition of active multilingualism. Our international department provides good conditions for acquiring the German International Abitur from our school or for transferring to an international school worldwide through English-language lessons and additional German lessons.
Who we are:
With its multicultural student body, the DBST is a school that is particularly committed to German values, the European educational tradition, and good relations with the host country Iran.
What we believe in:
Quality: We do our best to offer our students an attractive, contemporary, and stimulating learning environment so that they can develop optimally.
Respect: We respect ourselves, everyone else, our community, and our environment.
Sincerity: We communicate politely, appropriately, and directly.
Renewal: We encourage critical thinking and cultivate a culture of thirst for knowledge and creativity.
Where we want to go:
Our internationally oriented and inclusive school community educates our students based on globally recognized school qualifications to become liberal, actively multilingual global citizens who are ready to learn for a lifetime, stand up for democratic values and peace, and to shape their future with self-confidence following our motto: We are the future!