PYP Japanese Teacher
- Early Childhood, Elementary
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Japanese Teaching
- Teaching Credential/License
- Transportation Allowance
- Assist with finding a house
- Professional Development budget
- Tuition support for dependents
Horizon Japan International School seeks an experienced and passionate School Counselor to plan and implement strategies for helping students achieve better academic results through developing both personal and career competencies.
- Support the mission, vision, and core values of the HJIS
- Collaborate and consult with parents, teachers, community organizations, and other stakeholders
- Guide the development and implement a competitive school counseling program that focuses on and promotes students’ success and well-being
- Ensure equitable access to opportunities and a rigorous curriculum for all students
- Teach guidance classes and provides guidance counseling to students through planned activities in small group or classroom settings to convey educational, social, and important school information, and offer workshops/seminars for parents.
- Provide feedback and recommend appropriate action and solutions to individual students’ academic and educational needs and abilities.
- Working Hours: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Working Days: Monday-Friday
Located in the fashionable, beautiful and cosmopolitan port city, Yokohama, Horizon International School serves the educational needs of diverse families since 2003. With its state-of-the-art campus, HJIS aims to provide students with a highly challenging, rigorous, and engaging curriculum. As an authorized IB Continuum School for the PYP, MYP and DP, the backbone of HJIS’ curriculum is to instill international-mindedness, global citizenship, intercultural learning and explore global issues and diverse perspectives.
HJIS is fully accredited by two of the world’s leading accreditation organizations: the Council of International Schools (CIS), based in Europe, and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), based in the USA. This joint accreditation is evidence of our commitment to academic excellence and lifelong learning. The high standards set by CIS and WASC Accreditations ensure that HJIS able to attract and retain professional and dedicated teachers. At HJIS, teachers build awareness of students’ own learning styles and needs, including their academic, social, physical, and emotional development.
Horizon Japan International has a multicultural environment which is enhanced by the diverse provenance of both teachers and students who come from more than 40 different countries. We believe that children who grow and learn in a multicultural environment gain a greater understanding of others’ cultures, behaviors, and attitudes.
Preschool and Kindergarten: PYP Early Years Primary School (Grade 1-5): PYP Middle School (Grade 6-10): MYP Grade 11 and 12: IB Diploma Programme