PYP- Physical Education Teacher
- Early Childhood, Elementary
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Physical Education
- Teaching Credential/License
- Experience working with an international education
- Experience working in a multicultural setting
- Familiarity with best-practice methodologies as they apply to teaching a diverse student body as well as evidence of recent professional growth activities
- Experience and commitment to organizing extracurricular and after-school activities
- Relocation allowance
- Visa procurement assistance
- Assistance with finding housing
- Medical insurance
- Sick leave
- Subsidized public transportation
- Professional development budget
HJIS is seeking a highly motivated and qualified Physical Education teacher who will deliver the PE curriculum at a high standard. We have an outstanding faculty who provide a safe, nurturing environment for students to learn in, foster intellectual rigor and independent thinking and promote high standards, collegiality, and an extremely strong sense of community.
We value candidates who exhibit a passion for teaching, who have experience with students from diverse backgrounds, whose pursuit of professional development is keen and ongoing, and whose academic background and teaching experience are directly relevant to the position.
- Demonstrate curriculum knowledge and ability to deliver standards-based instruction
- Develop and document weekly standards-based lesson plans
- Provide grade-appropriate physical education program of engaging and interactive activities/lessons for elementary and middle school grade levels
- Interact effectively and respond to all parent communication in a professional, empathetic, and timely manner
- Participate in faculty meetings, committees, and professional development opportunities
- Work collaboratively with other teachers, staff, and administration
- Integrate technology effectively into the classroom
- Assist in the facilities and equipment management of the physical education and athletics programs
Located in the fashionable, beautiful and cosmopolitan port city, Yokohama, Horizon International School serves the educational needs of diverse families since 2003. With its state-of-the-art campus, HJIS aims to provide students with a highly challenging, rigorous, and engaging curriculum. As an authorized IB Continuum School for the PYP, MYP and DP, the backbone of HJIS’ curriculum is to instill international-mindedness, global citizenship, intercultural learning and explore global issues and diverse perspectives.
HJIS is fully accredited by two of the world’s leading accreditation organizations: the Council of International Schools (CIS), based in Europe, and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), based in the USA. This joint accreditation is evidence of our commitment to academic excellence and lifelong learning. The high standards set by CIS and WASC Accreditations ensure that HJIS able to attract and retain professional and dedicated teachers. At HJIS, teachers build awareness of students’ own learning styles and needs, including their academic, social, physical, and emotional development.
Horizon Japan International has a multicultural environment which is enhanced by the diverse provenance of both teachers and students who come from more than 40 different countries. We believe that children who grow and learn in a multicultural environment gain a greater understanding of others’ cultures, behaviors, and attitudes.
Preschool and Kindergarten: PYP Early Years Primary School (Grade 1-5): PYP Middle School (Grade 6-10): MYP Grade 11 and 12: IB Diploma Programme