- Licensed Teacher, College/University Faculty, University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Social Work, Counselling, Psychology
- Bachelor of Science/Education in Social Work
- Bachelor of Counselling
- Bachelor of Psychology – with subsequent post-graduate counseling qualifications.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in school counseling or other counseling experience required
Job Specifics, Knowledge & Skills
- Appropriate license to carryout student counseling
- Strong interpersonal skills with both students and parents
- Demonstrable organizational skills
- Strong desire to help others and should be able to inspire respect, trust, and confidence
- Must possess high emotional and physical energy to handle the array of problems addressed
- Maintains the highest levels of confidentiality and professionalism.
What We Offer
Aldar Education are a family of world-class, child centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.
Aldar Education is currently seeking a School Counsellor for the Northern Emirates to support our growing family of owned and operated schools in the UAE.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
- Help students enhance personal, social, and academic growth and wellbeing
- Monitor the progress of individual students
- Make contact with parents to discuss student behavior or support needs
- Take steps to prevent bullying and support victims of bullying
- Help students develop job search skills, such as resume writing and interviewing techniques
- Help students understand and deal with social, behavior, and personal problems
- Deliver therapeutic intervention based on the need of the individuals and provide a referral to external services as needed
- Emphasize preventive and developmental counseling to provide students with life skills needed to deal with problems before they worsen and to enhance students’ personal, social, and academic growth.
- Provide special services such as conflict resolution classes; identify cases of domestic abuse and other family problems that can affect a student’s development
- Works with students regarding career options and provides appropriate information to students regarding careers.
- Assists in providing students with information for career exploration and selection to assist them in making appropriate academic course selections relating to their interests.
- Maintains an appropriate library/database relating to various careers for students to utilize in their career explorations.
- Coordinate access to university affairs and university applications
- Works with individual students and groups of students in regards to appropriate social, emotional and developmental issues.
- Maintains an awareness of cultural influences regarding the social development of adolescents and delivers culturally sensitive therapies.
- Monitors students who may be at risk in regards to social and emotional issues and makes appropriate referrals for interventions outside of school in consultation with parents.
- Promotes wellbeing of students via whole school and community awareness initiatives.
- Works closely with the pastoral team and safeguarding leads.
- Any other duties assigned by the Principal.
Aldar Education is the leading education group in Abu Dhabi, we provide inclusive and innovative learning that inspires and empowers communities, Aldar Education aims to be your employer of choice. We educate over 24,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders and employees across the group.
Working collaboratively, our purpose is to empower the next generation to shape our future, directly supporting the educational goals of Abu Dhabi’s government. Today, Aldar Education’s efforts are guided by the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 plan, which aims to build a sustainable knowledge-based economy through premium education.
We are a “Great Place To Work” and currently employ over 1,400 teachers to deliver the English National Curriculum, the highly regarded American Massachusetts State Curriculum and the prestigious International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme all with an international dimension.