School Counsellor - Al Ghad Charter School
- University Graduate, College/University Faculty
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Social Worker & Counselling
- TESL/TEFL CertificateOther Certification
- TEFL certification required
- Child Protection Certificate is plus
- TESL/TEFL Certificate
- Minimum of 2 experience
- Annual Airfare - Subject to Verification.
- Accommodation - Subject to verification.
- Help students enhance personal, social, and academic growth.
- Monitor the progress of individual students.
- Make contact with parents to discuss student behavior.
- Take steps to prevent bullying and support victims of bullying.
- Help students develop job search skills, such as resume writing and interviewing techniques.
- Help students understand and deal with social, behavior, and personal problems.
- Emphasize preventive and developmental counseling to provide students with life skills needed to deal with problems before they worsen and to enhance students’ personal, social, and academic growth.
- Provide special services such as conflict resolution classes; identify cases of domestic abuse and other family problems that can affect a student’s development
- Identifies areas that would be appropriate for intervention in the form of group counseling and regularly forms and leads appropriate groups.
- Utilizes both large (classroom) groups and small groups to make appropriate academic and behavioral interventions.
- Coordinates with the Counsellors regarding career options for students and provides appropriate information to students regarding careers.
- Assists the counselors in providing students with information for career exploration and selection to assist them in making appropriate academic course selections relating to their interests.
- Maintains an appropriate library/database relating to various careers for students to utilize in their career explorations.
- Works with individual students and groups of students regarding appropriate social development issues.
- Maintains an awareness of cultural influences regarding the social development of adolescents.
- Monitors students who may be at risk regarding social issues and makes appropriate referrals for interventions outside of school in consultation with parents.
As Abu Dhabi’s largest and leading education provider, Aldar Education aims to be your first choice. Starting with one school and 250 students in 2007, we’ve grown into a highly sought-after education provider, supporting over 6,500 students across seven academies and one nursery in Abu Dhabi, and one in Al Ain. With schools independently ranked by the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK), Aldar Education is the trusted name in educational excellence in UAE.
Working collaboratively, our education network’s purpose is to empower the next generation to shape our future, directly supporting the educational goals of Abu Dhabi’s government. Today, Aldar Education’s efforts are guided by the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 plan, which aims to build a sustainable knowledge-based economy through premium education.
Our diverse and experienced executive team is dedicated to creating a better environment and experience for all students. Working with governing bodies such as the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge they guide our network of schools in our quest to develop our students and uphold our purpose, promise, and values.