- All Levels
- University Graduate
- Other Certification
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in school counseling from an accredited college or university, or
- Master’s degree in equivalent field with add-on school counseling licensure
- Completion of school counseling internship
- Experience as School Counselor
- Accommodation Details: Western-style apartment within walking-distance to your school
- Airfare Reimbursement: Airfare to China and return flight covered by School
- Airport Pickup: Yes
- Support Staff: Fully bilingual support staff available to help process your visa, settle you into your apartment, translate legal documents, and much more. We provide western comforts and support to make the transition easier for you.
- Health Insurance Provided: Yes
- Additional Benefits: Paid Vacation
- Professional Development: Ongoing professional development provided, including annual teacher in-service, and frequent professional development opportunities. Teachers enjoy career advancement opportunities.
- Bonus: Teacher referral bonus offered to all KLIS teachers.
- Holidays: We observe local national holidays and some US holidays.
KLISCB is committed to creating, sustaining, and growing visionary educational programming that meets the goals of globally-minded learners, the faculty and administration who serve them, and the organizations and corporations who go on to employ them worldwide. KL International School of Chongqing Bashu was established in 2015. It is a non-profit school serving students in grades PreK-12. Open to students of expatriate families living and working in southwestern China, KLISCB offers an American-style curriculum taught by an accomplished American and international faculty.
Summary: Utilizing leadership, advocacy, and collaboration, school counselors promote
student success, provide preventive services, and respond to identified student needs by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program that addresses academic, career, and social/emotional development for all students. The primary functions of the school counselor job description incorporate the KLIS guiding mission that every student will graduate from high school globally competitive for work and postsecondary education and prepared for life in the twenty-first century
Develops and manages a comprehensive school counseling program.
- Discusses the comprehensive school counseling program with the school administrator; develops and maintains a written plan for effective delivery of the school counseling program based on school data; uses data to develop comprehensive programs that meet student needs.
- Communicates the goals of the comprehensive school counseling program to all stakeholders (i.e., administrators, teachers, students, and parents); maintains current and appropriate resources for education stakeholders; uses the majority of time providing direct services through the Guidance Curriculum, Individual Student Planning and Preventive and Responsive Services and most remaining time in program management, system support, and accountability.
Delivery of a Comprehensive school counseling program
- Provides leadership and collaborates with other educators in the school-wide integration of comprehensive counseling plan; implements developmentally appropriate and prevention-oriented group activities to meet student needs and school goals; incorporates into their programs the life skills that students need to be successful in the twenty-first century.
- Assists all students, individually or in groups, with developing academic, career and social/emotional skills, goals, and plans; accurately and appropriately interprets and utilizes student data; collaborates with parents/guardians and educators to assist students with educational, career, and life planning.
- Provides individual and group counseling to students with identified concerns and needs; consults and collaborates effectively with parents/guardians, teachers, administrators, and other educational/community resources regarding students with identified concerns and needs; implements an effective referral and follow-up process as needed; accurately and appropriately uses assessment procedures for determining and structuring individual and group counseling services.
- Provides appropriate information to school personnel related to the comprehensive school counseling program; assists teachers, parents/guardians, and other stakeholders in interpreting and understanding student data.
- Participates in professional development activities to improve knowledge and skills.
- Uses available technology resources to enhance the school counseling program.
- Adheres to laws, policies, procedures, and ethical standards of the school counseling profession.
- Provide a comprehensive college and university counseling program beginning in Middle School and continuing through High School resulting in student acceptance in post-secondary institutions.
- Conducts a yearly program audit to review the extent of program implementation and effectiveness.
- Collects and analyzes data to guide program direction and emphasis.
- Measures results of the comprehensive school counseling program activities and shares results as appropriate with relevant stakeholders.
- Monitors student academic performance, behavior, and attendance and facilitates appropriate interventions.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KL International School is a private ,co-educational,not-for-profit international school whose mission is to prepare creative,collaborative,and curious students who will thrive as educated global citizens,self-sustanining learners and ethical leaders.
The KL International School was founded in 2015 as the second licensed PreK – Year 13 international school for expatriates in Chongqing, China. KLIS is the only private, co-educational, not-for-profit international school in Chongqing and our mission is to prepare creative, collaborative and curious students who will thrive as educated global citizens, self-sustaining learners and ethical leaders. KLIS believes in being a “Responsive School for a Changing World”.