Science and STREAM Teacher & Curriculum Coordinator
- Elementary, Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
We are looking for teachers with sound knowledge of their subjects, engaging, motivating, constantly learning and caring who is:
- Fluent English speakers
- Good command of other languages (Spanish, French, Chinese) is an asset
- Experience working in a multilingual and multi-curricular setting is an asset
- Teaching Experience required (2 years minimum)
- Passionate about education
- Only kind, caring, collaborative teachers need apply
- Tuition waiver for age-appropriate children
- Public and partly private healthcare
- Yearly professional development
- Retirement Plan
- Support in visa/resident card process from A to Z
- Meals at the school canteen
- Polish as foreign language classes
The International Trilingual School of Warsaw currently has 5 campuses, authorized to deliver an international curriculum to students from as young as 1 year old up to the eighth grade. The curriculum fosters the values of internationalism and mutual understanding. The school combines standards from 6 different curricula: British National Curriculum, American Common Core, French National Curriculum, Polish National Curriculum, and IB Programmes to allow students to transition between diverse educational systems. As a science and st(r) team curriculum coordinator you would teach science in grades 1 to grade 8 and coordinate the science teaching content across curricula, subjects, and various languages of instruction.
As a science and STREAM teacher you would:
- Teach science to grade 1 to grade 8 students,
- Have an extensive understanding of science including the knowledge of biology, physics, and chemistry
- Act as a facilitator, allowing the students to offer suggestions and solve problems differently on their own
- Offer flexible programs that identify with the students’ source of motivation
- Assume personal and social responsibilities and meet performance obligations as individuals as in groups
- Maintain communication with the parents of the assigned grades,
- Coordinate and lead the group of 6 teachers teaching science in languages other than English (Polish and French)
- Cooperate with the group of teachers of the assigned grades teaching other subjects in Polish, French /Spanish, or Chinese
- Teaching science and STREAM
- Planning lessons and sequences of lessons to meet student’s individual learning needs and to ensure students’ progression.
- Plan science and STREAM lessons with a lot of hands-on experiences
- Using a range of appropriate strategies for teaching and learning and classroom management.
- Use flexible groupings and structured inquiry to deliver high-quality lessons in line with our curriculum.
- Maintain a well-organized and stimulating learning environment.
- Using information about prior attainment to set expectations for students.
- Using a range of assessment and reporting methods that show student’s achievement about learning outcomes.
- Providing clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents and caregivers.
- Preparing 8th Grade students for the IGCSE exams
- Led science curriculum development and coaching other science teachers
- Develop and improve the existing science and st(r)team curriculum frame by coordinating the science teaching content to meet the goals set by the British National Curriculum, American Common Core, French National Curriculum, Polish National Curriculum, and IB Programmes
Communication with the parents:
Maintain up-to-date communication aiming to engage parents in their child’s life and cooperate with them on the development of crucial life educational skills
Wider professional roles:
- Planning and engaging in professional learning activities that support the school and systematic priorities.
- Taking responsibility for own professional development and using the outcomes to improve teaching and students’ learning.
- Making an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school.
- Ensuring administration of classroom procedures is completed efficiently.
- Collaborating with members of the school community to build a team environment that supports students’ learning.
The International Trilingual School of Warsaw (ITSW), was created in response to an ever-growing need in Warsaw for private, international education and a specific demand for bilingual and trilingual programs. ITSW is the only school in the area to offer a curriculum in 3 different languages.Depending on the age of the students and the campus we offer instruction in three main language combinations:
-English, Polish and French
-English, Polish and Spanish
-English, Polish and Mandarin
-English, Polish, Japanese
Students attending The International Trilingual School of Warsaw, are emerged in 3 languages. This means they learn subject matter in 3 different languages, essentially as native speakers. This opens doors for them beyond anybody’s imagination. A student graduation from The International Trilingual School of Warsaw, can continue his/her studies in any system, in any country because, our curriculum is based on 5 different educational systems.
The American Curriculum, the Finnish Curriculum, the British Curriculum, the Polish Curriculum, the French Curriculum and the International Baccalaureate Curriculum.
We took the best from each of these curricula, and professionally created a curriculum that makes all other schools envious. It is a rigorous and demanding curriculum that challenges students to rise above the rest and become the best version of themselves they can be.
In the nursery and preschool curriculum is proportionally taught in three languages but following common standards. In the primary school some subjects are taught trilingually and some bilingually.
All of our teaching and classroom support staff are qualified, experienced and hold a recognized university degree in their chosen field as well as an appropriate teaching qualification. Most have previously taught in the international education system and all are involved in regular professional development. Thanks to our low student to teacher ratio, ITSW teachers are able to adapt their methods and teaching styles to suit the needs of individual pupils. They also maintain incentive schemes to ensure that students of all ages remain highly motivated in both their academic work and other activities.