- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
Bachelor degree, teaching certificate
Major in SEN or related education majors
A minimum of 2 years of SEN experience
- Housing Allowance for expat contracts
- Annual Home Leave Flight Allowance for self and eligible dependents
Huili School Nantong is seeking an experienced SEN Teacher. The SEN Teacher provides high quality education to the pupils based on the Wellington College philosophy and ethos, especially those with special education needs. The SEN Teacher must support pupil’s growth and development, encouraging them as Wellingtonians to be inspired, intellectual, independent, individual and inclusive. The SEN teacher must demonstrate an understanding of the wider curriculum and administration needs of the school, and achieve high standards by responding professionally, sensitively and caringly to the needs of the pupils.
The College is looking for a candidate who would relish the challenge of establishing the department in a new school.
The SEN teacher will have the responsibility for the planning and supporting of the designated students. The teacher will also be required to carry out other such duties as the Head of Pastoral may reasonably direct from time to time. He/she is expected to display the highest standards of professionalism in his/her teaching and in his/her relationships with colleagues and parents.
The teacher must ensure that an excellent learning environment is provided for the learning of students with SEN, and that the students develop a positive attitude to the College. The SEN teachers are responsible for the day-to-day operation of the SEN Department in their area and the coordination of the provisions made for students with special educational needs, working closely together with staff, parents and external specialists.
- Make parents feel welcome and build good relationship with parents.
- Introduce information regarding to School curriculum for pupils with SEN.
- Collect information of pupils’ interests and growth from parents.
- Stimulate pupils’ study by making use of parents’ strengths.
- Provide consultations and support to parents’ enquiries.
- Communicate with parents on a regular basis, as directed by the Head of Pastoral.
- Attend Parents’ Meetings as required and provide accurate, honest information regarding the progress of individuals with SEN.
- Report to the parents in the form of regular written reports, and when additionally required by the Head of Pastoral.
- Be present in school from 07:45 each morning
- Be positive and build a good relationship with colleagues
- Complete tasks on time
- Provide cover for absent colleagues as and when deemed necessary by your Head of Department
- Play a full role in the weekly co-curricular activities (CCA) programme, which will take place outside of the prescribed teaching hours.
- Make a significant contribution to school assemblies and newsletters, highlighting the work being done by your students
- Promote an ethos of equity and equal opportunities for all pupils
- Protect the privacy of pupils, their families and your colleagues
- Maintain high standards of conduct both within and outside of the classroom. Always act in a way that conforms to the school ethos and values and is in the best interests of the pupils.
- Set high expectations and standards for the achievement of pupils and your personal performance.
- Emphasise the importance of safety and of safe methods of working methods in the classroom, and in all areas of the school and the curriculum
- Communicate to the pupils that they must take a responsible attitude toward equipment and materials they have been provided, and that they will be punished and possibly charged for damage inflicted upon school property
- Carry out duties as required. This will include playtime supervision, lunchtime supervision and after-school supervision
- Contribute as fully as possible to the annual calendar of School events, in whatever way possible
- All teachers will be a member of a house and are expected to attend and support house events and meetings
- Be familiar with the recent development of teaching theory and practice, especially when it relates to SEN education.
- Improve yourself through continuous study and be willing to try new ideas.
- Be willing to accept others’ good ideas and share your opinions.
- Frequently reflect on your work and share your experience with other colleagues.
- Support the College Development Plan generally and in so far as it relates to SEN education.
- Attend staff meetings and briefings as and when required by the Head of Pastoral
Wellington College China is a partner of Wellington College in England. It has five schools and two nurseries in China, all in exciting, international cities. Our schools provide an outstanding education for 2,150 local and international children aged between 2 and 18 years old.
Success in public examinations is important and we celebrate it. However, at Wellington College, excellent exam results and great university destinations, in the UK and worldwide, are only part of the picture. We want our pupils to be the very best people that they can be: to be kind, to have integrity in their actions, to take responsibility when necessary, to have respect for their environment, for others and themselves, and finally to show courage when needed. The Wellington values frame the way we think about what it is be a Wellingtonian, including the ways we work and what we hope to become.
Our Huili Schools combine Wellingtonâs holistic, British approach to educating the whole child, with the enduring strengths of the Chinese curriculum and focus on learning. We talk about giving our pupils the best of both worlds. Half our lessons are in English and half in Chinese. Half our teachers are English-speakers and half are Chinese. It is our desire to imbue every pupil with our five core values: courage, integrity, respect, kindness and responsibility. We encourage and expect our Chinese pupils to develop the Wellington identity: to be inspired, intellectual, independent, individual and inclusive.
Huili School Shanghai
Huili Nursery Shanghai
Huili School Hangzhou
Huili School Nantong
Tianjin International School
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.