SEN Teacher - Aldar Education
- All Levels
- University Graduate, Licensed Teacher
- BA in Special Education or Education or Psychology with PGCE
BA in Special Education or Education or Psychology with PGCE or equivalent Teaching Qualifications and Certifications.
Minimum 1- 2 years of Teaching experience
Job Specifics, Knowledge & Skills:
- Previous experience working with students for whom English is not their first language
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- A high level of professionalism and consideration for the well-being of children
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, age, and ethnic background
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check
- The incumbent requires to reside in the same Emirate as the school assigned to
We offer an attractive remuneration package. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching, and training.
Aldar Education is currently seeking SEN Teachers to support our growing family of owned and operated schools in the UAE.
Aldar Education is a family of world-class, child-centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 33,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching, and training.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
- To deliver lessons that inspire students to succeed to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Encourage and promote ‘inclusion within the classroom’ across the school at all levels
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Teamwork and collaboration
- To be a good communicator at all levels.
- Be committed to developing positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Working alongside fellow teachers to plan engaging lessons that meet the requirements of the curriculum.
- Liaising with colleagues and working flexibly.
- Working with parents to ensure the happiness and best academic outcomes for all children.
- Working cooperatively with curriculum support staff (where applicable) to support children’s development.
Teaching and Learning:
- Clear understanding of the Curriculum
- Organising the classroom provision and learning resources and creating displays to encourage a positive and engaging learning environment.
- Planning, preparing, and presenting sessions that cater to the needs of the whole ability range within the class.
- Motivating pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative teaching.
- Observing and assessing SEN Students in line with school assessments and identifying priority areas for targeted intervention
- Plan and deliver a range of intervention programs to support individual needs
- Track and monitor SEN pupil progress and the impact of intervention programs
- Being reflective of the classroom provision, sessions taught, progress made, and adjusting environment, planning, and curriculum to reflect this.
- Meeting with other professionals such as speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, and educational psychologists, if required.
- Maintain accurate records, develop Individual Education Plans (IEP) for SEN Students, and coordinate care plans
- Ensure the Teacher and Learner's DNA language and attitudes are being embedded throughout the curriculum
Assessment and Data:
- Taking responsibility for the progress of a class.
- Meeting requirements for the assessment and recording of student’s development using Target Tracker.
- Using data provided by assessments to influence further planning, provision, and intervention.
- Providing feedback to parents and carers on a student’s progress at Parent Teacher Conferences and other meetings
Behavior Management and Duties:
- Follow the school’s behavior policy.
- Manage classes effectively, using approaches that are appropriate to students’ needs to inspire, motivate and challenge pupils.
- Maintain good relationships with pupils, exercise appropriate authority, and act decisively when necessary within the school’s behavioral policy.
- Be a positive role model and demonstrate consistently the positive attitudes, values, and behavior, which are expected of pupils.
- Have high expectations of behavior, promoting self-control and independence of all learners.
- Carry out duties as directed and within the school’s policy.
Wider Professional Responsibilities:
- To work as part of a curriculum action group, supporting planning, assessment, resources, and special events linked to that team.
- Support the organizing and taking part in school events, outings and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening.
- Communicate effectively with parents/carers about students’ achievements and well-being using school systems/processes such as CPOMS as appropriate.
- Make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the school
- Run a weekly ECA each term.
Aldar Education is the leading education group in Abu Dhabi, we provide inclusive and innovative learning that inspires and empowers communities, and Aldar Education aims to be your employer of choice. We educate over 24,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders and employees across the group.
Working collaboratively, our purpose is to empower the next generation to shape our future, directly supporting the educational goals of Abu Dhabi’s government. Today, Aldar Education’s efforts are guided by the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 plan, which aims to build a sustainable knowledge-based economy through premium education.
We are a “Great Place To Work” and currently employ over 1,400 teachers to deliver the English National Curriculum, the highly regarded American Massachusetts State Curriculum, and the prestigious International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme all with an international dimension.