Special Education Teacher
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Special Education (K-8)
- Teaching Credential/License
- Education Required: Bachelors/ Master’s Degree
- Minimum Teaching Experience: 2 years of teaching experience
- MUST have a degree and 2 years of relevant experience in Special Education.
- Candidates require a Bachelors of Education for Special Educations at the Elementary and/or Early Years grade levels. Preference will be given to candidates with relevant graduate degrees if all other elements are equal.
- Candidates must currently be employed in an accredited US school district offering the Common Core State Standards. Candidates must hold valid and relevant US teacher certification. Teachers will be US citizens and mother-tongue English speakers (therefore no need to complete TOEFL as evidence of language proficiency).
- Minimum 2 years of post-qualification/post-provisional certification, relevant teaching experience in a US district school offering the Common Core State Standards .This experience must be clearly documented in the form of 'letters of experience' on school/district letterhead that are signed and stamped by the school or district and must usually clearly indicate the subjects/levels taught and start/end dates. These letters must, when combined, show 2+ years teaching the subject/level for which candidate is being hired.
To assist in the promotion, direction and oversight of high standards of teaching and learning, Provide leadership, support and direction for Special Education Program, ensuring pupil achievement and progression through effective inclusion for all pupils. Every child matters.
- To monitor the quality of teaching and learning, including planning for the relevant groups of pupils and share judgments with teachers and support staff as appropriate to inform further improvements
- To support all staff in understanding these pupils’ needs and help to identify and disseminate the most effective teaching methods for them
- To demonstrate, teach and plan alongside teaching and support staff to ensure best practice · To liaise with other leaders to ensure the delivery of an appropriate, comprehensive, high quality and cost-effective curriculum programmed which complements the school’s strategic objectives
- To keep abreast of any new developments in the teaching and assessment of the relevant groups
- To disseminate information and initiatives to all members of staff
- To advise the headteacher on the strategic direction and development of all aspects of SEND and to lead development in those areas
- To help to monitor/evaluate the school improvement plan implementation
- To contribute to relevant aspects of the school’s self-evaluation
- To ensure the curriculum/resources reflect the diverse school community
- Together with other members of the leadership team, be responsible for identifying resources and their efficient/effective use
- To identify key CPD needs and lead staff meetings as appropriate
- To provide high quality coaching and mentoring to ensure that inclusion is integral across the school
- To be responsible for managing any budgets for your area
- To take part in performance review for TAs and other SEN staff
- To be involved in staff induction (SEND focus only), ensuring that all staff realise their responsibility towards individuals in the relevant groups
- Assessment and Target setting for SEND children
- To co-ordinate assessment results and target setting for the above groups together with the Deputy Head
- To ensure that appropriate attainment targets exist for individual pupils in the relevant groups
- To make use of analysis and evaluate performance data in order to improve pupil attainment for the relevant groups
- To ensure that relevant pupils have a personalized education plan where their particular needs are identified through the robust assessment.
- Tax-free salary paid on a scale linked to teaching experience up to 13,000 AED per month
- End of service gratuity
- Housing allowance paid to employee for self or furnished hotel apartment
- Joining and departure economy class flights to/from Dubai to home of record for self
- Annual flights from to home of record [Economy class] for self taken once during annual leave
- UAE-medical insurance for self
- 2,000 AED settling-in allowance
- 2 year renewable contract with an option for renewal
- Visa processing costs (excluding document certification) for self
- Excellent career and leadership prospects
Teach in Dubai! Special Education Teacher required for August 2021
Ignite School recruits motivated, dynamic, qualified and experienced international faculty who are best able to engage our students in creative and innovative learning. The staff of Ignite School are themselves supported with a peer-led professional learning community shaped by reflective practice and collaboration.
Ignite School shapes creative and innovative “21st century citizens of the world” through a sustainability focused, student-centered learning environment that celebrates diversity. We seek to instill exemplary character and life-long learning skills in our students through inclusive school life programs and extra-curricular activities that empower and challenge the realization of potential in each of our individual learners. Every Ignite School student feels welcome, accepted, safe, valued and happy. Host-country national students feel they have the potential to make a valuable social, cultural and economic contribution to the wellbeing of their local community and to their country.
The American curriculum is rigorous, relevant and service oriented with curriculum design that adheres to international best practice. Our inquiry-based learning model provides a platform for development of creative processes that weave together sustainable development, science, mathematics, [coding and design] technology, analysis, logic, debate and innovation. Our holistic approach to learning encourages the physical, social, intellectual and emotional development of our students through real world experiences as well as inside our high quality learning facilities. With the aid of learning technology, students develop 21st-century citizenship skills of critical thinking, complex problem solving, collaboration, cognitive flexibility, emotional intelligence and creativity.
Interviews are conducted through Skype/Google Meet.
Ignite School offers a KG1 to Grade 12, American education experience leading to a High School Diploma for Emirati and expatriate students. The Ignite School curriculum aligns to the New York State Learning Standards, which includes the New York State P-12 Common Core Learning Standards as well as KHDA guidelines.
We are a new school that commenced classes in September 2018 for over 120 students in KG1 (Pre-K) to Grade 5. In 2020/2021 we expanded our Middle School by adding Grade 7 and in 2021/22 we will be opening Grade 8 classes. We project an enrollment of around 687 students for September 2021. Eventually we will offer a KG1 to Grade 12, American education experience leading to a High School Diploma for over 2,000 Emirati and expatriate students with either the traditional or Advanced Placement tracks.
When you join the Ignite School Community in Dubai and you will have the unique opportunity to shape school culture, develop and promote best teaching practices and experience living in the UAE.