Teacher - English of Academic Purposes
- University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- English Education
- Teaching Credential/License
You must be a fully qualified teacher with:
- Bachelor's Degree in TESOL Education
- Experience in academic English AS/A or SAT or IELTS and AP test
- Minimum of two years of postgraduate teaching experience
- Experience with the Cambridge Assessment Curriculum
- A commitment to an extensive enrichment program
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Respect for all members of your school community
- Experience with students for whom English is an additional language
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
What we offer
Jet International School is a family of world-class, child-centered, and innovative schools based in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. We educate over 800 students and managed schools and as we grow, so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders.
We offer an attractive remuneration package which includes medical cover, flights, furnished accommodation, and children's education allowance. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place special emphasis on professional development, coaching, and training. Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Jet International School is keen to hear from like-minded, forward-thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Jet International School reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal-opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
As much as we would be delighted to entertain all applicants, due to the high volume of applications and robust selection process, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 10 business days.
Jet International School is committed to safeguarding children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.
Using a variety of teaching strategies to:
- match approach to content, structure information, present a set of key ideas and use appropriate vocabulary
- use effective questioning, listen carefully to students, give attention to errors and misconceptions
- select appropriate learning resources and develop study skills through the library, I.C.T., and other learning technologies;
Jet International School is currently seeking a high-performing English Teacher - Middle School/High School Level for the August 2023 start. The current vacancy is based in Ulaanbaatar, the capital city of Mongolia.
Jet International School is the Cambridge Assessment Curriculum school. The Cambridge Assessment Curriculum is one of the most highly regarded and successful curricula in the world, with close links to prestigious higher education institutions, world-class universities, and colleges. Graduates of Jet International School receive AS/A level of Cambridge Assessment and also the NCC Diploma of Britain - the standard entry qualification for the world universities and colleges.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Jet International School and to help shape the future of a Mongolian leading school.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
- Creating a climate for learning that is conducive to outstanding practice
- Identifying clear teaching and learning objectives
- Setting tasks that challenge students and ensure high levels of interest;
- Setting appropriate and demanding expectations;
- Setting clear targets, building on prior attainment;
- Identifying SEN or very able students and ensuring their needs are met through differentiation;
- Providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation, and challenge;
- Making effective use of assessment for learning;
- Making effective use of performance data and key indicators to inform planning and therefore deliver differentiated lessons
- Maintaining discipline by the school’s Behavior for Learning Policy and encouraging good practice about punctuality, behavior, standards of work, and homework;
- Mark student's work at least once every two weeks and set targets for progress;
- Using performance data to inform planning and therefore ensuring the Learning and Teaching continue to ‘add value
- Assess and record students' progress systematically and keep records to check work is understood and completed, monitor strengths and areas for development, inform planning, and recognize the level at which the student is achieving
- Assess students as requested by examination bodies, departmental and school procedures
- Prepare and present informative reports to parents
- Take part in subject development by producing, reviewing, and updating curriculum plans and schemes of work
- Keep subject knowledge up-to-date through CPD and professional reading
- Attend professional development workshops as appropriate
- Undertake additional duties as required by the Principal or Vice Principal as appropriate.
- Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use them to improve specific aspects of teaching;
Jet International School was founded in 2019 and has two schools, one is Primary and another is Middle School. Currently, Jet International School is running educational services for over 740 children with 120 staff, and 80 teachers, 24 of whom are invited or foreign teachers who are specialized in Cambridge Assessment.
We have been implementing Cambridge Assessment in Primary and Middle school and NCC Curriculum in high school.
Jet International School is one of the branch companies of Jet Track Education Service Group. This group has five companies, which are Jet International School, Jet Temuulel School, IELTS Authorized Agency, SAT Authorized Agency, and Jet School of English - English Centre.