- University, All Levels
- Licensed Teacher, College/University Faculty, University Graduate
- 10 years of teaching experience
- Education, Leadership
- Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
- The ability to think strategically, work collaboratively, and present to parents, pupils, and colleagues a warm, engaging, and approachable personality
- An ability to lead and manage initiatives and change
- A willingness to use research to evaluate current practices
- Capacity to model the vision and values of the School
- Capacity to inspire, challenge and empower others
- Good personal Administration and Organisation skills
- A high level of professionalism
- Self-awareness and reflection, personal drive and resilience
- Good written and oral communication
- An ability to work within a team
- An understanding of education at local, national, and international levels and a commitment to educating the whole child and achieving outstanding outcomes of pupil learning and achievement
- Creativity and capacity for innovation, especially but not limited to new technologies
- Optimism to be a positive influence on staff and the wider school community
- A commitment to the safeguarding and well-being of young people
- A working understanding of how a range of factors can inhibit students’ physical, social and intellectual development of children and all-round learning and a capacity to adapt teaching to support students’ education at different stages of development, and knowing how to adapt
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age, and ethnic background
Bachelor's Degree in Education or other relevant field with a teaching qualification.
10 years’ educational experience with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a leadership role (Ex: Head of Department, Head of Subject, Head of specific grade level in education... etc.)
Postgraduate qualification in education or other qualification.
8 years’ educational experience with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a leadership role (Ex: Head of Department, Head of Subject, Head of specific grade level in education... etc.)
- The successful candidate for this challenging and rewarding position will have at least three years experience of in managing a well-functioning department
- Leadership experience as a Head of School or Vice Principal
What we offer:
- Renewable fixed-term contract and visa for 2 years
- Highly competitive tax-free salary
- Furnished accommodation or an accommodation allowance
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Annual flight allowance
- Fee discount for dependent children
The Vice Principal is a member of the School Leadership Team, which meets regularly with the Principal.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- To be responsible for the compilation and appropriate timely review of all policies across the School and ensuring that all policies are adhered to and enforced by owners.
- Together with the Head of Operations, be responsible for ensuring compliance with all regulatory authorities including but not limited to ADEK, MOE, OSHAD, HAAD, etc.
- To assist the Principal in the initiation and drive of a ‘Future Schools’ agenda with a key focus on innovation, inquiry, enterprise, and sustainability
- To organize and lead the School’s Budget process acting as the liaison between procurement and finance and the academic body as required to ensure the efficient and effective use of resources to meet the School’s aims under the direction of the Principal
- To lead on the development, implementation, and maintenance of the three schools' academic timetables, including annual reviews of curriculum provision ensuring that curriculum maps allow the schools’ visions to be realized in consultation with the Principal and Heads of Schools.
- To lead and drive the implementation of all School-wide Digital strategies in collaboration with the ICT department, Heads of Schools, and deputies.
- To lead the strategic development of Islamic and Social Studies.
- To lead, manage and further develop the provision for Libraries and/or Learning resource centers across the School.
- To assist the Principal in monitoring and evaluating the School’s outcomes, and the development of a robust process of self-review, improvement planning, and impact measurement across all three schools.
- To lead the organization and efficient operation of the recruitment cycle across all three schools allowing the Principal and Heads of Schools to recruit the highest quality staff.
- To lead, in consultation with the Principal, the annual performance review cycle and to be responsible for managing the CPD budget and program across the three schools developing values of a strong commitment to professional development across the whole school community
- To co-chair the marketing committee with overall responsibility for developing and implementing a comprehensive communication and marketing program to ensure that the brand image and reputation of Maplewood Canadian International School, Abu Dhabi are promoted and enhanced.
- Line Management of the Co-Curriculum and Community, and the External Relations and Student Conduct department heads.
Personal and Professional Conduct:
- Always maintain high standards of ethics and behavior, within and outside the School
- Ensure that pupils are always treated with dignity to maintain a culture of mutual respect. Tolerance and respect for the rights of others are core to the school’s values.
- Staff should always be mindful of observing appropriate boundaries so that the teacher’s professional position is not compromised in any way
- Adhere at all times to the School’s Safeguarding policy and procedures and regard the child protection and well-being as of paramount importance
- Support and encourage the values and aims of the UAE including tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and being mindful of sensitive topic areas
- Have proper and professional regard for the values, policies, and practices of the School and maintain high standards in their attendance and punctuality
- Attend staff meetings, open evenings, parents’ evenings, morning assemblies, and staff morning briefings unless on duty.
- Follow all agreed School Policies and procedures as shared and as per the Staff Handbooks
- Undertake other reasonable duties as the Principal deems necessary for the effective operation of the School
All staff is expected to follow the guidelines set out in the staff handbook related to planning, assessment, and other aspects of general teaching and learning at MCIS. All staff is also expected to contribute towards helping to deliver the whole school's strategic priorities.
MWIS is a Canadian curriculum school delivering a high-quality program to students from ages 4 to 19. The school has full accreditation from Alberta Education which is the highest performing province in Canada. Canada consistently ranks in the top two or three countries in the world on international standardized testing programs.
Students attending MWIS experience this high quality and receive an Alberta High School Diploma on graduation. This diploma is rated highly desirable in terms of accessing post-secondary institutions around the world.
By offering reduced tuitions and the introduction of trilingual education (English, French, Arabic) for the 2019/20 school year, the school becomes one of the highest value for money private schools in the UAE.