Vice Principal - Abdulla Bin Otaiba Charter School
- All Levels
- Licensed Teacher
- 6 years of teaching experience
- Bachelor Degree in Education or B.Sc degree with PGCE
- Teaching Credential/License
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or B.Sc degree with PGCE is essential. A Master’s degree is desirable but not a requirement.
- At least 6 years experience, including 4 consecutive years of teaching performance that exceeds standards and expectations as evidenced by performance appraisal
- At least 2 years experience in a middle leadership role
- Experience in leading school initiatives that have led to improvement in standards and achievement.
- Experience working with parents and external agencies.
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills
- With a secure knowledge of data and assessment and its impact on teaching and learning. A track record of implementing effective strategies to raise standards and plug gaps in learning.
- Ability to lead others in working with data and be effective in using data to diagnose, intervene and evaluate the impact upon learning.
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Must possess leadership skills
- Must appropriately handle confidential information
To be discussed after the interview.
Aldar Education is currently seeking a Vice Principal of Data and Assessment for Abdulla Bin Otaiba Charter School in Abu Dhabi, starting AY 2023-2024.
Abdulla Bin Otaiba School has now been open for 4 years, it follows the US (AERO) Curriculum and is a large and thriving Charter School, with @ 1550 students.
The successful candidate will have a ‘can do’ attitude, as life in a Charter School can be challenging at times, but it is equally highly rewarding, as our impact on student learning is visible every day. A sense of humour is vital too!
ABO is seeking a candidate who can support the whole school vision in using internal and external data to support student achievement across both US and Arabic language curriculums; is confident in using data and assessment to drive the school forward and someone who can highlight their experience thereof.
The successful candidate will support the development and implementation of whole school intervention that results in students' accelerated learning, through robust identification and addressing of student developmental areas. This role includes training staff in best assessment practices and the quality assurance of internal and external assessment data. The successful candidate will support all staff in a better understanding of data analysis, resulting in appropriate planning and support for all students.
We are a busy and aspirational school where the support of all students is paramount. The ideal candidate will be strategic, have strong organisational skills, and be confident in multitasking. Building a positive and collaborative community and a willingness to support and collaborate with the Aldar Education network of schools is a must.
The successful candidate will be closely aligned with our core values of excellence, integrity, passion, respect, and collaboration and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
- Direct and quality assure the activities of the staff and students
- Ensure a safe, orderly, and smooth functioning environment conducive to learning
- Lead and administer school External Assessments (MAP/TALA/Mubakkir/ TIMMS/PIRLS) creating master assessment schedule, training staff, and working in conjunction with the school SLT and school department leaders.
- Quality assure and evaluate internal assessments in line with reporting expectations.
- Design and implement whole school strategic action plans as identified in the school self-evaluation and school improvement plans. This will include but not be limited to school improvement plans, standardized testing, remediation, collection and reporting of data as required, and the development of special schedules and testing procedures as necessary.
- Direct the student achievement plan by monitoring student progress through robust assessment practices and establishing and overseeing the processes related to assessment and reporting student attainment and progress, data collection, students’ records, and archiving.
- Collaborate with Principal to supervise and evaluate teachers, supervisors, and curriculum support staff as assigned.
- Provide leadership in screening and interviewing applicants including non-teaching positions, and/or recommending applicants to be interviewed.
- Collaborate with the SLT team regarding new or changing instructional methods, materials, strategies, and programs.
- Assist, determine, develop and implement plans for staff CPD development for the building that facilitates professional growth and enhances the quality and efficiency of teaching and assessment.
- Provide staff training for the effective use of data in addressing student developmental needs.
- Assist in the completion and submission of all required reports, forms, and data requests on time to the designated sources. This will include attendance data reports also.
- Work/meet with other administrators and staff to foster and participate in team collaboration and effectiveness.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the School Principal.
Closing date for applications: 23 January 2023, but we reserve the right to make an early appointment for experienced and suitably qualified applicants.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal-opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals they apply at our company.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.
Aldar Charter School - Abdulla Bin Otaiba Campus
Abdulla Bin Otaiba School has now been open 4 years, it follows the US (AERO) Curriculum and is a large and thriving Charter School, with @ 1550 students.