International Bilingual School at Hsinchu Science Park
International Bilingual School at Hsinchu -Science-Park (IBSH) is a highly competitive, academic-oriented college prep school founded in 1983. Situated in Taiwan's "Silicon Valley", the high-tech science-park, IBSH is a public, co-ed school (G1-12). IBSH is accredited by the ROC Ministry of Education and is administered by both the ROC Ministry of Education and the National Science Council.
In addition, IBSH is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). IBSH operates on a two-semester system, with a 200-day school year. School begins in late August and dismisses in later June. Students attend classes from 7:40 AM to 4:10 PM. The day includes seven 50-minute classes, in addition to a 20-minute period when students organize to clean the campus and classrooms. IBSH students faced a rigorous 5-day week, 7 courses a day, schedule. We offer an AP curriculum and a variety of honors courses, in addition to regular courses.
The school serves students in the English-speaking community who either seek an American college-preparatory education or plan to attend university in Taiwan. Students come from business, professional, government and diplomatic families.
IBSH is established to serve children of the employees of the private enterprises in the Science Park, the academic and research institutions in the Greater Science Park Area and the government agencies as well as the children of the returning overseas scholars.
The International Bilingual School at Hsinchu Science Park takes pride in offering bilingual and bicultural education in a tight-knit community that encourages the pursuit of excellence. We aim to inspire students in becoming innovative, inquiring, and compassionate self-directed learners who strive to make a difference in the global community.
Expected Schoolwide Learning Results
IBSH will prepare its graduates to be:
- Bilingual and Bicultural
- Communicate effectively in Mandarin and English at appropriate proficiency levels
- Aware and appreciative of both Eastern and Western cultures and values
- Innovative and Inquiring
- Creative and adaptable problem solvers who seek challenge
- Active in acquiring knowledge and critical thinking skills to question and evaluate the world around them
- Compassionate and Global
- Demonstrate a caring and respectful attitude towards diversity
- Participate in serving both the local and international communities to bring about positive change
- Self-Directed Learners
- Implement effective organizational and time management skills to set strategic goals and complete tasks
- Continuously reflect on the learning process for self-improvement and growth
617 Students 1-12
Advanced Placement (AP), International, United States, Bilingual
August - July
Average Class Size
Elementary: 21, Secondary: 29
Student Council, Environmental, Interact, Key, Humane Society, Chinese Chess, Computer, Orchestra, National Honor Society, Debate
City (or closest city): Hsinchu, Location Type: Suburban, Campus Size (hectares): 19, No of Buildings: 14, No of Classrooms: 113, No of volumes in Library: 70,000, No of computer labs: 4, No of instructional computers: 120