Guangdong Guangya High School is seeking an Academic Director to join our community!
The Guangdong Guangya High School, in partnership with Tower Bridge International Education, is seeking an experienced Academic Director to join our growing international education team. This role is perfect for pioneering academic leaders looking to shape an international program from the foundational stages. This is a great opportunity to do so at a prestigious school in a world class city.
The Guangya international program is hosted on the main Guangya campus located in the Liwan District, where you can find a unique blend of Eastern and Western culture. Founded in 1888, Guangya is known as one of the top high schools in China. The word Guangya comes from the phrase: “广者大也，雅者正也”, which translates to “Cultivate Knowledge, Integrity, and Well-Being”. Guangya currently operates 4 campuses in and around Guangdong province and offers diverse international programming.
Our Academic Directors are globally understanding, experienced in international education, and will embolden a team that focuses on student success. With skills in school leadership and curriculum development, the work of Academic Directors goes beyond strong school management skills and extends to serving as a cultural ambassador, taking care to understand and collaborate with international counterparts. Successful Directors easily adapt to new cultures and colleagues, are flexible to change and deal with change positively, grasp the big picture while being detail-oriented, and understand the importance of character and values in education. This role requires a candidate who is committed to developing a strong academic program and leading a teacher team dedicated to student success.
The Academic Director is an important leader in the school who will commit to the following:
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Lead the foreign teacher team to deliver a strong academic experience and culture for all students
- Develop, monitor, evaluate and improve the school instructional program
- Lead curriculum and professional development
- Train and provide educational resources to faculty
- Promote and implement professional development
- Co-develop the school calendar and schedule
- Integrate and maintain school systems
- Interview and onboard foreign teachers
- Support community efforts to recruit and retain students
- Maintain academic integrity in the program
- Develop and maintain close relationships with parents and the community
- Plan and manage staff assignments
- Establish robust, meaningful co-curricular and auxiliary programs
- Be a visible, positive presence in all areas of the school
- Lead and proactively take part in and positively contribute to school events (concerts, holidays, sports)
- Value the diverse thoughts, perspectives, learning abilities and life experiences of students and colleagues
- Collaborate with colleagues to create programs (extracurricular, academic) that enhance the growth and learning of students
- Collaborate with counseling team to provide advice and counseling to students pursuing studies abroad
- Some weekend duties may be requested
|Director/Principal, Licensed Teacher, College/University Faculty|
Qualifications and Requirements