Early Years/Elementary Curriculum Coordinator
- Early Childhood, Elementary
- Licensed Teacher
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Curriculum and Instruction-Early Childhood/Elementary
- Masters degree in education, curriculum, and instruction, assessment, or related education administrative leadership field is preferred, with the appropriate USA, or comparable, licensure
- Minimum of five to ten years of experience in curriculum and instruction or a similar role
- Native English speaker
- Great understanding of Child development and best practices
- Able to work with many different personalities and have a strong work ethic
- Fully Furnished Apartment including utilities and internet services along with a small gym, access to school heated pool, full laundry facilities, etc
- Local and International Professional Development opportunities
- Health Insurance - worldwide coverage except for emergencies in the United States and Canada
- Round trip airfare from home to Kuwait
- Life Insurance - up to 12 months salary
- Kuwait Government Insurance
- Yearly Increment
- Free Tuition up to 2 children
- No Absence Bonus
- End of service payment
- Settling In Allowance
- Work Permit/ Residency paid by the school
- Opportunities for additional income: tutoring, coaching, AP course instructor, Team Leader/Head of Department and substituting
The Universal American School is looking for a knowledgeable and charismatic Curriculum Coordinator.
The Universal American School – Kuwait, (UAS), is a non-profit, private, co-educational, college-preparatory day school serving a multi-national student body of approximately 1800 students from nursery to grade 12. The school’s Owner: Mrs. Nora Al Ghanim is supported by an Advisory Board comprised of 7 members who represent various aspects of Kuwait’s Business, Academic, Medical, and Political demographic. UAS is accredited by the Council of International Schools, (CIS), and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, (NEASC).
UAS was founded in 1976 and serves students and staff from nearly 40 nations. The school is divided into an Early Childhood Division, (Nursery – KG2), Elementary Division, (Grade 1 – 4), Middle School (Grade 5-8), and High School (Grade 9-12) with individual educational leaders assigned to each division. The Senior Leadership Team is comprised of the Owner (Director), Vice Director, Superintendent, and Assistant Superintendent.
The School occupies one square city block and has a floor area of 5000 square meters. The school has eight floors in total; two underground, a ground floor, and five floors above. It has 3 swimming pools, 3 band rooms, a 341 seat auditorium/theater and a large gymnasium. This is complimented by a smaller sports room, a playroom for Kindergarten, art rooms, science labs, library, clinic, canteen and multi-purpose hall. Computer labs in all instructional are available for special projects and full wireless internet access throughout the entire school supports our Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) instructional capability.