Elementary ELA Teacher
- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate, ESL Instructor
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hoursTESL/TEFL CertificateTESL/TEFL Diploma LevelOther Certification
- Fluency in English and a clear accent
- More than 2 years teaching experience in an International Curriculum and fluent English
- Relocation allowance
- Pay review
- Paid holiday
- Health insurance
- Tuition discount for dependents
- Housing allowance will be provided
- 12,000 RMB airfare allowance per year
- Teach a maximum of 20 periods a week from Monday to Friday.
- Create lesson plans and modify them throughout the year. Utilize various curriculum resources in planning
- Observe and evaluate student's performance through varied assessments.
- Grade tests and homework in a timely manner.
- Maintain grade books, especially online.
- Create a positive educational climate and manage student behavior in the classroom.
- Communicate clearly in and out of the classroom with students and parents.
- Attend staff meetings and professional development sessions.
- Learn through observations of self and of peers.
- Participate in school-wide events such as the Charity Fundraiser, Sports Day, student recruitment, etc.
- Take an active role in required meetings (departmental; grade level; committees, faculty; etc.)
- Assist with additional duties as assigned
- Promote our school values of Excellence, Honor, Community and Joy
MacDuffie Schools China are private schools for Chinese students situated in the major cities of Shanghai, Nanjing and Tianjin. The first school was founded in 2013 and they are American Curriculum Schools, delivering the curriculum in English and following the requirements laid out by the American Common Core Curriculum.
The schools are going through a period of expansion and require teachers in all subject areas. All classrooms are equipped with internet, Smart Boards, and wireless projection systems. The schools are iPad schools and provide all teachers with an iPad as well as access to computer facilities. All resources are from the US and are up to date.
MacDuffie China is a partner of the MacDuffie Education group. There are MacDuffie Schools in Tianjin, Nanjing, Shanghai and Granby Massachusetts.