Elementary ESL Teacher
- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate, ESL Instructor
- 2 years of teaching experience
Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hours
- ESL teaching experience required
- Able to use ESL experience and strategies
- Willing to assist in the development and delivery of an ESL curriculum designed for lower-level learners
- Patient, enthusiastic, caring and collaborative
- Age limit for hiring in China is 56
- Substantial airfare and visa costs reimbursement (up to $1700)
- Competitive housing allowance paid on a monthly basis. Immediate temporary accommodation also provided.
- Opportunities for in-house, ongoing professional development
- Health insurance
- 30 paid vacation days for the first year (10 additional paid vacation days for the second year of the contract)
- Generous contract completion and renewal bonuses
Kang Chiao International School, East China is looking for qualified Elementary School English teachers for the 2020-2021 school year, beginning Autumn 2020.
Elementary School English teachers will be responsible for a project-based ESL curriculum and will create a flexible program and class environment favorable for student learning and personal growth in the English language.
Kang Chiao International School East China strives to provide a stimulating environment where diversity and inspiration are embraced. Our students are empowered to acquire and reinforce the skills needed to be engaging, active lifelong learners. Therefore, they will be prepared to face uncertainty with confidence in our global society.
Successful applicants will join an elementary team made up of more than forty foreign English teachers. The role is that of an English Language subject teacher and will entail the teaching of four proficiency leveled classes on a block scheduling system.
Kang Chiao strives to provide a culturally stimulating environment, where diversity is celebrated and students are provided with the skills to succeed in a global society. From our kindergarten through to our senior high school, Kang Chiao utilizes innovative pedagogical methods based on an international curriculum.
Nurturing International Leaders, Preparing Students for a Beautiful Future.
KCISEC is a private K-12 school. We are located 45 minutes outside of Shanghai. Our school’s population is 5,000. We are an IB authorized and AP approved school. KCISEC follows American Curriculum, using Common Core Standards for both English and Math. Our Science Department has begun to implement the Next Generation Science Standards. Our Social Studies department has adopted the UCLA History Standards. The High School Program (G9- G12) at KCISEC is designed to prepare students for college and university admission.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.