Elementary Learning Expert Teacher - Bangkok
- University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Education, Childhood Development, Early Education, Elementary Education
- Ability to successfully pass a background clearance
- In addition to a Bachelor’s degree, documentation of a state or national authorized elementary subject knowledge certification is necessary
- Demonstrated passion for student achievement and directed effort to raise individual student outcomes
- Must have teaching experience as a lead teacher in a primary school environment
- Minimum 3 years experience as an elementary educator
- Successful applicants will demonstrate strong communication skills and be open to new ideas in teaching methods
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance and more. Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
BASIS International School Bangkok is seeking qualified candidates for Elementary Learning Expert Teacher for the 2020-21 school year!
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance. Our K-4 classrooms are taught by two teachers—one Subject Expert Teacher (SET) and one Learning Expert Teacher (LETs).
Our Learning Expert Teachers (LETs) cultivate a culture of joyful learning as they co-create with the students. LETs at the elementary level customize education to meet the individual needs of each student. Our teachers love teaching, and our students love learning. Guided by the belief that any child can excel with the right support, our elementary teachers’ deep pedagogical expertise ensures that each student receives a world-class education, with personalized attention.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
As one of two teachers in the elementary classroom, Learning Expert Teachers (LETs) are responsible for one classroom of students—all day, every day—and work with the Subject Expert Teacher to find the best ways to deliver lessons, engage students, and create an environment where students will understand, and retain, what they learn in class. LETs utilize expertise in different pedagogical methods to provide individual or small group instruction to meet the different needs of students, while also establishing and maintaining standards of student behavior needed to achieve an optimal learning atmosphere in the classroom.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluating students’ academic and social growth, keeping appropriate records, and preparing progress reports.
- Communicating with parents via email, conferences, and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the BASIS International Schools culture.
- Identifying student needs and cooperating with the Subject Experts or other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Supervising students during classroom transitions through the day.
Our six BASIS International School campuses in China and Thailand continue the BASIS Curriculum Schools vision of delivering the gold standard of education by combining the BASIS Curriculum with highly qualified teachers who are sought after, and hired for, their deep subject matter knowledge. Our first international school, BASIS International School Shenzhen, opened in 2015 and is the flagship of a network that has seen quick expansion with its second school, BASIS International School Guangzhou, launched in 2017, and campuses in Hangzhou and Park Lane Harbour launched in 2018. In 2019, new BASIS International Schools opened in Nanjing, China, and Bangkok, Thailand. Future locations planned include Beijing, Jinan, and Shanghai, China.