Elementary Math & Science Teacher - Shenzhen
- University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Math, Science, Elementary Education
- A Bachelor’s degree and the ability to successfully pass a background clearance.
- In addition to a Bachelor’s degree, a major (24-30 credit hours) or advanced degree in the teaching subject fulfills the highly qualified requirement.
- In some cases, a Bachelor’s degree and documentation of passage of a state-authorized subject test in the teaching area may fulfill the highly qualified requirement.
- Minimum two years of teaching experience as a lead teacher required.
- Subject matter postgraduate work (Master’s or Ph.D.) is preferred.
- Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence.
- Must be open to new ideas in teaching.
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
- BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance, retirement benefit, and more.
- Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
BASIS International School Shenzhen is seeking qualified candidates for an Elementary Math & Science Teacher for the 2023 school year!
BASIS International School Shenzhen - the founding international school in our global network - is moving to a new campus and expanding to include over 400 more students! Come join our internationally acclaimed program and be a part of this exciting development!
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS International teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance. Our elementary classrooms are taught by two teachers—one Subject Expert Teacher (SET) and one Learning Expert Teacher (LET).
BASIS International Elementary Subject Expert Teachers can focus their teaching on a specific subject rather than preparing lessons for several subjects every day. They work collaboratively with Learning Expert Teachers (LETs) to cultivate a joyful learning culture where hard work is celebrated and where intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary student outcomes. At the elementary level, LETs help you focus on instruction while they ensure individual student understanding according to student needs. As a Math/Science Subject Expert Teacher, it is primarily your responsibility to develop engaging, content-rich subject-specific lesson plans and to teach creative thinking and problem-solving.
Elementary Math/Science teachers stimulate and encourage students’ natural curiosity while teaching foundational math and scientific concepts. Teachers have the freedom to present and teach the concepts in their way. Basic addition and subtraction turn into practical applications such as making change, the scientific method shows students how everyone uses science in daily life. A teacher’s passion can spark a lifetime of interest and learning, and we encourage our Subject Expert Teachers to allow their enthusiasm for their subject to inspire their students.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare subject-specific lessons in Math and Science for elementary-aged students.
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment, and deliver exceptional results for all students.
- Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students' education is at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to form a community of smart, talented, and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment.
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students’ academic and career success.
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect, and individuality in all students.
Our eight BASIS International School campuses in China and Thailand continue the BASIS Curriculum Schools vision of delivering the gold standard of education by combining the BASIS Curriculum with highly qualified teachers who are sought after, and hired for, their deep subject matter knowledge. Our first international school, BASIS International School Shenzhen, opened in 2015 and is the flagship of a network that has seen quick expansion with its second school, BASIS International School Guangzhou, launched in 2017, and campuses in Hangzhou and Park Lane Harbour launched in 2018. In 2019, new BASIS International Schools opened in Nanjing, China, and Bangkok, Thailand. Our first bilingual school, BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen, opened in September 2020. In fall of 2022, BASIS International & Bilingual School Chengdu will open--becoming the first school in our network to house both international and bilingual programs. Future locations planned include Beijing, Tianjin, and Shanghai, China.