Elementary Music Teacher - Hangzhou
- University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Music, Music Education
- In addition to a Bachelor’s degree, a major (24-30 credit hours) or advanced degree in the teaching subject fulfills the highly qualified requirement
- Documentation of passage of a state or national authorized subject test in the teaching area may fulfill the special certification
- Minimum two years teaching experience as a lead teacher required
- Must be able to successfully pass a background clearance
- Subject matter postgraduate work (Master’s or Ph.D.) is preferred
- Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence
- Must be open to new ideas in teaching
- Practical experience in performing, composing, or recording music is strongly preferred
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance, and more. Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
BASIS International School Hangzhou is seeking qualified candidates for Elementary Music Teacher for the 2020-21 school year!
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS International teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance.
As a Music Subject Expert Teacher, it is primarily your responsibility to develop engaging, content-rich subject specific lesson plans, which in turn will enable students to think both critically and creatively about the role of music in the human experience, and also as a form of self-expression.
Elementary Music teachers lay a foundation for a life-long love of, and appreciation for, music by introducing basic melodic and rhythmic concepts, instrument types and families, vocal posture and breathing, and numerous other topics and skills. Music teachers also have the unique opportunity to collaborate with other Subject Expert Teachers to bring music into history, technology, and other areas to provide further context and enhanced learning for students. Our teachers are encouraged to bring their own passion into the classroom and share with students in an enthusiastic and innovative way to produce extraordinary outcomes.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare subject specific lessons in Music for primary aged students.
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment and delivering exceptional results for all students.
- Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students’ education is at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to create interdisciplinary lessons and incorporate music as a part of other areas of knowledge.
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students’ academic and career success.
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
Our six BASIS International School campuses in China and Thailand continue the BASIS Curriculum Schools vision of delivering the gold standard of education by combining the BASIS Curriculum with highly qualified teachers who are sought after, and hired for, their deep subject matter knowledge. Our first international school, BASIS International School Shenzhen, opened in 2015 and is the flagship of a network that has seen quick expansion with its second school, BASIS International School Guangzhou, launched in 2017, and campuses in Hangzhou and Park Lane Harbour launched in 2018. In 2019, new BASIS International Schools opened in Nanjing, China, and Bangkok, Thailand. Future locations planned include Beijing, Jinan, and Shanghai, China.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.