Elementary Teacher - Republic of Panama
- Licensed Teacher
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Monthly Salary: $1700 per month
- Travel and Transportation: Five Stars Academy reimburses 1 round trip ticket per semester for the Employee from a U.S. or Canadian airport to Panama or from Panama to another country as their destination, reimbursable up to $800.00, upon submission of the receipt to Five Stars Academy. If travel occurs by bus, taxi, or car rental, Five Stars Academy will reimburse up to $500.00 for the travel expense. Travel expense from the airport to the home will either be provided by the Employer or reimbursable to the Employee up to $30.00, upon submission of the receipt to Five Stars Academy.
- Housing: A private, furnished 2-bedroom apartment in the gated community on the beach that includes high-speed internet access (no charge) and up to $100.00 credit for electricity per month.
- Transportation: To and From the school each day.
- This is a 10 month contract - August 1 - May 31st with more than 6 weeks (30 working days) of paid vacation during the school year.
- Scholarship: Children of teachers receive 100% discount on Registration and 50% discount on Tuition.
Five Stars Academy is seeking Elementary teachers. We are looking for a teacher who is flexible, encouraging, positive, and willing to take on new challenges. The teacher is responsible for instructing the elementary classroom in all capacities.
- Instruct students in elementary courses, including but not limited to Math, Reading, Vocabulary, Grammar, Phonics, Spelling, Comprehension, Writing, Science, Social Studies, Art.
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities
- Create a positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Maintain grade books.
- Grade homework and tests and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Work with the school to ensure initiatives are being met.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance, behavior, social development and physical health
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress, and to determine their priorities for their children and their resource needs.
- Work with Elementary Team Leader to plan and schedule lessons promoting learning, following approved curricula.
- Use computers, audiovisual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations.
- Prepare for assigned classes, and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisors.
- Attend staff meetings.
Founded in 2011, Five Stars Academy (FSA) is a private, highly-academic institution that combines the home-schooling philosophy of focusing on the individual student with the expertise of professional, experienced, certified teachers. We have the flexibility of choices expected in an experimental school while offering an Internationally Accredited Diploma. FSA provides opportunities for students to learn self- sufficiency, to develop leadership skills and understand the impact they can have on their surroundings. Using recycled shipping containers as classrooms, integrating animals and hydroponic gardens into learning, and teaching the importance of limiting a carbon footprint is part of daily life at FSA. Whether through classroom studies, mission work in and out of Panama, the diverse range of learning and growing opportunities available from living in the interior of Panama, or the student’s daily exposure to out-of-the-box thinking and problem solving, the goal is to tap into the best our students have to offer for themselves and for the World. With the average class size of less than 10 students to 1 instructor, we are able to maintain high expectations while providing individual support. Located in Santa Clara, Panama, 90 minutes west of Panama City, 25 countries comprise our student body. We began with 5 young students and have grown to 100+. Five Stars Academy graduated its first class of 5 in May 2019.