English Teacher (ESL)
- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Education - ESL
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Diploma Level
- Foreign teachers must accredit the same training required for nationals, and if they do not have a degree or do not have similar studies with a Bachelor's degree, they must present a certification of training for teaching or PCE (Postgraduate Certification in Education)
- Due to visa requirements, we will accept applications from the USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, and Australia. However, the school can consider candidates from other nationalities as far as they certify a C1 level of English with certification no older than two years from the issue date until the entrance to the school.
- Up to five nights in a hotel, including breakfast, while the teacher finds a suitable apartment. After that, we can recommend a real estate agent to help the teacher find an affordable apartment, hopefully before arrival.
- Relocation Bonus COP 1.100.000 (only paid the first year at entry), this bonus we will settle with the first salary at the end of August.
- The school will pay for a year of prepaid Colombian medical insurance during the contract for the hired teacher, renewed every year.
- Like school scholarships for children, other benefits may apply to individual cases.
If the teacher repeats the covenant with CBSM (same conditions every year until the teacher decides not to renew with the school):
- COP 1.000.000 bonus payable upon return in August every year.
- The school will pay a U$ 500 premium, expected in August every year upon return.
Our school is an open-minded, welcoming community, which identifies itself with the principles of the Roman Catholic Church, but welcomes people from other creeds. We are an accredited AdvancED school. Our interest is to hire teachers who will bring to our school fresh ideas, open-minded individuals interested in exploring and expanding their best practices in challenging learning, professionally growing, and evolving educational environment.
We are looking for teachers with robust leadership capacity, strong planning and organization abilities, willingness to change, assertive communication, and proven adaptation skills. We will assign the teacher to two elementary school classes, and teaching assignments can include homeroom teaching. On the other hand, Santa Marta is a city that preserves the charm of the coastal towns, surrounded by beautiful beaches and landscapes framed by the stateliness of the Sierra Nevada. Any teacher who will come to our school will find a warm, family-like working environment and a community that embraces its core values embedded in its principles: to be, to know, to love, and to serve.
In 1983 four local families, inspired by the city’s need for a bilingual school, and driven by their great philanthropic spirit, founded the CorporaciÃ³n Educativa BilingÃ¼e de Santa Marta, which then led to the device of the Colegio BilingÃ¼e Santa Marta – CBSM that same year. CBSM is a private, non-profit, co-educational institution, calendar B (from August to June) which, so far, has seen graduate 851 students distributed in 26 promotions.
Aware of the need to train new generations to develop the city and the country, CBSM frames its philosophy in the search for integral education, developing in students the maximum potential in the ethical, spiritual, intellectual, artistic and physical dimensions, based on Christian Catholic values, without detriment to the freedom of worship enshrined in the constitution of our country.
To cultivate our students with open mindsets and the ability to problem solve, we build and create our curriculum keeping in mind Colombian basic standards as well as international standards such as Common Core, California’s and Chile’s standards, among others. Our curriculum takes into consideration diverse ways of learning and to accomplish it; as a framework for our curriculum development, we have adopted the Teaching for Understanding methodology in the classrooms and Understanding by Design like planning style. With these frameworks, we look forward to better the learning of each student and provide the teachers with resources that respond to the 21st-century students learning needs.
Currently, the school holds an ISO9001-2015 Quality System Accreditation Certification and the IQNET certification which was renewed in April 2017. The school is recently accredited as well as International School by AdvancED; this accreditation was granted to CBSM on January 2019.