Grades 1-3 Primary Homeroom Teacher
- Licensed Teacher
- 1 year of teaching experience
- Relevant subject
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hours
- Masters preferable
- First Aid license is preferred
- Minimum of 120-hour TEFL/TESOL certificate
- Teaching License preferred
- Experience teaching relevant subjects in an international school preferred
- Excellent knowledge of the content and pedagogy
- Successful experience in working with students in the age group you are teaching
- Minimum of $2,800-$4,000/month
- Annual bonus provided
- Teaching period bonus is provided at the end of each semester
- Visa Expense covered
- Medical Insurance
- Free breakfast and Lunch on every working day
- Competitive travel subsidy is provided at the end of the contract
- Airport pick up service upon arrival
- Free accommodation with furniture
- Garden like campus
- Free coffee at school Café on every working day
With fully equipped facilities, a rigorous study schedule, high morale, and exceptional education standards, Shanghai High School is one of China’s most reputable schools. The homeroom/subject teacher in the Primary School of SHSID will work with his/her Chinese partner to create a safe environment that allows children to be curious, take risks, and make mistakes, advocate learning through cooperation and collaboration, and honor the individual character and spirit of each child.
The primary school homeroom teacher will teach Language Art, Science, Social study, Art/optional class, CAS, and other classes homeroom teachers should.
Shanghai High School International Division primary school members will be committed to the growth and development of students as students of moral character in a rapidly globalizing 21st Century world. The primary school program works to immerse students in a positive educational environment that fosters a sense of community across cultures, as well as educates students across intellectual, creative, and interpersonal disciplines.
Primary school teachers instruct students in a variety of subject areas, such as English Language Arts, science, and social studies. Teachers help foster their emotional and social development through specialized courses. In addition, teachers are encouraged to help students cultivate their creativity and independence through interest-based courses.
Primary school teachers at SHSID will be expected to use knowledge of instruction and pedagogy to bring creativity to the curriculum within courses, as well as use data to inform objective-driven lessons. A commitment to students, flexibility in cultural understanding, and passion for learning are essential.
- Abide by the teachers’ rules and regulations, attend orientations, staff meetings, parents’ meetings, and participate in educational activities on time
- Provide support to schools/principals as designated
- Understand and respect the Chinese moral and the school's cultural heritage
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the school's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence
- Performs other related duties as requested or assigned
- Apply Until: No closing date, position open until filled
- All Applicants should attach the following in their Teachaway profile
- a cover letter
- a résumé
- a copy of passport ID page
- a copy of highest degree diploma authenticated
- a copy of relevant certificate/license authenticated
- a recent passport photo of yourself with a white background
- a no criminal record authenticated with time request
SHSID embraces teachers who care students and teaching. As a school which is already voted #1 international school in China, we are make efforts to become first ranking international school in the international community. And we would like to invite teachers who are willing to strive to achieve this goal together with us.
Established in 1865, Shanghai High School has an overall size of 340 mu (223,617 square meters), and is historically one of the most well-known schools in China and around the world. Of the alumni, there are over 100 provincial and ministry leaders of the People's Republic of China, 55 academicians of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS) and the Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE), and 30 generals in the people's Liberation Army (PLA).
Shanghai High School International Division (SHSID) was founded in 1993 and became an International Baccalaureate (IB) world school in 1995. In 2003, Shanghai High School became the only United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) associated school in Shanghai. SHSID is authorized by the College Board to administer AP, SAT and PSAT exams and is an authorized TOEFL exam center. SHSID is approved to be a test center by Cambridge International Examinations and is also authorized by the ACT Inc. as an ACT exam center. In 2017, SHSID became the University of Cambridge China Screening Center. At present, approximately 2,800 students from over 60 countries and regions are enrolled in the Puxi and Pudong Campuses of the International Division.