Head of High School - Futian
- High School
- University Graduate
- 7 years of teaching experience
- Leadership, Educational Leadership
- A Bachelor’s degree, Master’s or above preferred
- 7+ years of experience in education, preferably in a private school setting
- 3+ years of experience leading at a High School level
- Demonstrated expertise in coaching teachers in instructional excellence
- Strong understanding of and experience with college admissions
- Documented track record of elevating educational outcomes
- Collaborative, team-building approach to leading educators
- At BASIS International & Bilingual Schools China, we understand that investing in the care and growth of our teachers and leaders is the best way to ensure the finest global education for our students. As such we offer unparalleled benefits and support, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Furnished Housing
- Relocation Allowance
- Global health coverage
- Annual travel allowance
- Tuition remission for dependents
- HR support throughout the process, including visa, travel, home settling, and more
Head of High School
BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen is seeking qualified candidates for a Head of High School for the 2024-2025 school year.
About our School
The first bilingual school in our network, BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen opened in 2020. Beginning with Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 5 students, the campus expanded in 2021 to add middle school grades and will grow to offer courses through Grade 12. BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen combines the core of the BASIS Curriculum with much of the language, history, culture, and values of the traditional Chinese curriculum.
Our multi-national team of teachers works collaboratively alongside each other to build an environment where students and faculty thrive. The campus is located in Shenzhen’s vibrant and bustling Futian District, with many unique attractions nearby.
About the Position
The Head of High School is responsible for leading and developing their division in academic excellence, coaching teachers, and ensuring all goals and network-wide metrics are met. You will spend time daily observing teachers in the classroom, providing feedback and coaching, and ensuring the professional growth and development of all faculty in the division. This includes facilitating opportunities for teachers to exchange information and ideas and ensuring a school climate with high morale and community.
This position will also work with the College Admissions office in achieving college acceptance goals, review progress reports and summaries to share with the Head of School, manage AP testing with teachers, and review assessment results. The Head of High School will also teach one class as an active participant in the most significant duty of our school.
You will also:
- Implement network-wide regulations, guidelines, procedures, and management systems
- Oversee academic guidance, grading, and standards for student assessments
- Work with the Director of Academic Programs, Head of School, and other Heads of Division on the development of the master school schedule and calendar
- Manage the division-wide ELL program to ensure that students live an English-immersive experience on the school campus
About Our Network
BASIS International & Bilingual Schools China is a distinguished network of schools educating students at the highest global standards. Since opening our first campus in 2015, we have evolved into a thriving learning community encompassing ten schools in Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Huizhou, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Chengdu, and Wuhan, with plans for new schools in the coming years. We are united in our mission to prepare our graduates to be leaders with broad intellectual and international perspectives, critical thinking capabilities, and creative problem-solving skills. We achieve this through exceptional teaching, faculty mentoring, and the cutting-edge BASIS Curriculum.
At BASIS International & Bilingual Schools China, you will teach some of the world’s most talented and driven students. Our graduates are accepted at prestigious colleges and universities, including MIT, Harvard, Oxford, Princeton, University of Toronto, Imperial College London, and many more, with an impressive overall acceptance rate of over 90% at the Top 50 U.S. universities. Our students accomplish great things because they are taught by educators who deeply care about teaching excellence. Working at BASIS International & Bilingual Schools China means joining a community of bright, passionate minds who see every day as an opportunity to challenge themselves to elevate their students’ learning.
Our eight BASIS International School campuses in China and Thailand continue the BASIS Curriculum Schools vision of delivering the gold standard of education by combining the BASIS Curriculum with highly qualified teachers who are sought after, and hired for, their deep subject matter knowledge.
Our first international school, BASIS International School Shenzhen, opened in 2015 and is the flagship of a network that has seen quick expansion with its second school, BASIS International School Guangzhou, launched in 2017, and campuses in Hangzhou and Park Lane Harbour launched in 2018. In 2019, new BASIS International Schools opened in Nanjing, China, and Bangkok, Thailand.
Our first bilingual school, BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen, opened in September 2020. In the fall of 2022, BASIS International & Bilingual School Chengdu opened--becoming the first school in our network to house both international and bilingual programs. BASIS International & Bilingual School Wuhan opened in 2023, continuing this vision. 2024 will bring two more schools to our network: BASIS Bilingual School Guangming Shenzhen and BASIS Bilingual Kindergarten Nanshan.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.