High School Counselor
- High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Valid passport up to 3 years
- Official degrees and their transcripts
- Valid teaching certificate
- An official copy of previous teaching experience letters, clearly stating the length of years of experience
- Must be under the age of 60 due to VISA requirement
- Must have a clean FBI Report/ Background Check
- Fully Furnished Apartment including utilities and internet services along with a small gym, access to a heated pool, full laundry facilities, etc.
- Round Trip Airfare from home to Kuwait
- Local and International opportunities for Professional Development
- Health Insurance - Worldwide coverage except for emergencies in the United States and Canada
- Kuwait Governmental Insurance - up to 12 months Salary
- No-Absence Bonus
- Yearly Increments
- Free Tuition up to two children
- End of Service Payment
- Continuous Service Bonus
- Work permit/Residency costs paid by School and VISA costs
- Settling-in Allowance
Counselors must hold at least a Master’s degree in counseling and/or psychology. Counselors must also either; a) hold a valid professional certificate in School Counseling from a recognized governmental authority, or b) meet the requirements of the school’s accreditation agency.
The Universal American School – Kuwait, (UAS), is a non-profit, private, co-educational, college-preparatory day school serving a multi-national student body of approximately 1800 students from nursery to grade 12. The school’s Owner: Mrs. Nora Al Ghanim is supported by an Advisory Board comprised of 7 members who represent various aspects of Kuwait’s Business, Academic, Medical, and Political demographic. UAS is accredited by the Council of International Schools, (CIS), and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, (NEASC).
UAS was founded in 1976 and serves students and staff from nearly 40 nations. The school is divided into an Early Childhood Division, (Nursery – KG2), Elementary Division, (Grade 1 – 4), Middle School (Grade 5-8), and High School (Grade 9-12) with individual educational leaders assigned to each division. The Senior Leadership Team is comprised of the Owner (Director), Vice Director, Superintendent, and Assistant Superintendent.
The School occupies one square city block and has a floor area of 5000 square meters. The school has eight floors in total; two underground, a ground floor, and five floors above. It has 3 swimming pools, 3 band rooms, a 341 seat auditorium/theater and a large gymnasium. This is complimented by a smaller sports room, a playroom for Kindergarten, art rooms, science labs, library, clinic, canteen and multi-purpose hall. Computer labs in all instructional are available for special projects and full wireless internet access throughout the entire school supports our Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) instructional capability.
Licensed teachers can teach in Kuwait's private international schools for the chance to experience life in the Middle East while earning an excellent salary and benefits. Hot and sunny year-round, Kuwait's welcoming residents and beautiful weather make for an incredible experience teaching overseas.