High School History Teacher
- High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Relevant subject
Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hours
- Master's degree preferable
- Minimum of 120-hour TEFL/TESOL certificate
- Teaching License preferred
- Experience teaching English Literature in an international school preferred
- Excellent knowledge of the content and pedagogy
- Annual bonus provided
- Teaching period bonus is provided at the end of each semester
- Visa Expense covered
- Medical Insurance
- Free breakfast and Lunch on every working day
- Airport pick up service upon arrival
- Competitive travel subsidy is provided at the end of the contract
- Free accommodation with furniture
- Garden like campus
We are seeking self-motivated professional social studies educators with a demonstrated commitment to creating positive and rigorous learning environments that promote significant learning outcomes through student-centered instruction.
SHSID high school history classes are focused on the development of student’s historical thinking skills through the understanding and analysis of primary and secondary sources and the construction, evaluation, and comparison of historical narratives. The history department seeks to help build informed, critically minded, internationally oriented learners who can understand the world, events, and their own lives through a variety of perspectives and frameworks.
Candidates must be knowledgeable content specialists, skilled in effective social studies pedagogy, and committed to the development of 21st-century skills. Our teachers are expected to have the cultural knowledge, sensitivity and tact to facilitate learning opportunities and interactions for students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds. The candidate must be able to create and maintain a classroom climate that promotes respect and student engagement, while at the same time holding all students to rigorous standards through differentiated instructional strategies and practices.
We would prefer candidate teachers with AP or IB history teaching experiences.
- Abide by the teachers’ rules and regulations, attend orientations, staff meetings, parents’ meetings, and participate in educational activities on time.
- Assign and mark homework with constructive and detailed criticism; maintain teaching standards
- Be familiar with literary interpretation, rhetorical analysis, and literary theory
- Attend all staff meetings and professional development seminars; be an active participant in curriculum and school development
- Work well with others as both a leader and a member of a group; prepare and teach lessons based on teaching group decisions
- Adapt to local and school culture and be a representative of SHSID
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence
- Performs other related duties as requested or assigned
All Applicants should attach the following documents to their Teachaway profile
- A cover letter
- A résumé
- A copy of passport ID page
- A copy of highest degree diploma authenticated
- A copy of relevant certificate/license authenticated
- A recent passport photo of yourself with a white background
- A no criminal record authenticated
Established in 1865, Shanghai High School has an overall size of 340 mu (223,617 square meters), and is historically one of the most well-known schools in China and around the world. Of the alumni, there are over 100 provincial and ministry leaders of the People's Republic of China, 55 academicians of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS) and the Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE), and 30 generals in the people's Liberation Army (PLA).
Shanghai High School International Division (SHSID) was founded in 1993 and became an International Baccalaureate (IB) world school in 1995. In 2003, Shanghai High School became the only United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) associated school in Shanghai. SHSID is authorized by the College Board to administer AP, SAT and PSAT exams and is an authorized TOEFL exam center. SHSID is approved to be a test center by Cambridge International Examinations and is also authorized by the ACT Inc. as an ACT exam center. In 2017, SHSID became the University of Cambridge China Screening Center. At present, approximately 2,800 students from over 60 countries and regions are enrolled in the Puxi and Pudong Campuses of the International Division.