High School Principal
- High School
- Director/Principal, Licensed Teacher
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Education or related field
- Teaching Credential/License
- The successful candidate should hold a bachelor’s and/or master’s degree and have experience in western high schools with AP programs as an assistant/vice and/or principal
- Experience in western private schools and Chinese schools is desired, but not required
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Monthly accommodation allowance of 3,500 rmb ensuring a comfortable apartment
- The School offers assistance in finding a suitable apartment
- Annual round trip flight allowance from home city to China
- Two year contracts
- Contract completion bonus of 20,000 rmb
- Health insurance
- Shipping benefit
- Paid vacation time for Chinese national holidays and summers
- Work permits and visa provided and paid for by the school
The Hangzhou Fuyang Education Group seeks a principal for its International Division/AP Center program, which serves about 230 Chinese students and employs approximately 15 western teachers. The international/AP division is “a school within a school,” as the students take the traditional Chinese curriculum and a challenging western program, which prepares them for western universities through western classes based on the College Board AP program, teachers and college counselors.
The Fuyang High School International Division Principal’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Take primary responsibility for all aspects of the day to day running of the international/AP division of the school
- Evaluations of western teachers
- The orientation of western teachers
- Assist in the interview process for new western teachers
- Develop a master schedule for western classes
- Be able to teach within their area of teaching expertise
- Coordinate with Chinese administration for school schedule, student disciple and other matters as needed
As we expand our Western courses, we are searching for qualified, capable and ambitious teachers to work with our students and families. Our remuneration and benefit package is competitive with accredited International schools and paid in US dollars and we seek your happiness and success as a way to promote excellence in our students.
Silverlake School is the latest flagship facility of the Yongxing Education Group. It sits at the base of local foothills in the south-western area of Hangzhou City, the capital city of Zhejiang Province, the September 2016 host city of the G20 International Summit of World Leaders and the home of the dynamic businesses Alibaba and Alipay.
Silverlake School presently comprises a grade 1 – grade 6 Elementary School and a grade 7 – grade 9 Junior Middle School configuration while also hosting a grade 10 – grade 12 High School International Advanced Placement program.
"I have wonderful memories of my time in Fuyang! On my first trip I was fortunate to be able to bring my wife Nancy, my son Zach and our niece, Jessica. It was an amazing experience for us all. The people in Fuyang were so kind, gracious and accepting of us! They were anxious to share their lives and culture. We saw so much and learned a great deal about Chinese culture. Indeed, our son has maintained contact with friends he made and Nancy and I have also stayed in touch with some teachers and students there. Our time at the school was a great experience and one we will cherish forever."
Maple Ridge, Canada