High School Psychology Teacher
- High School
- University Graduate, Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Relevant subject
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hours
- United States (USA), United Kingdom (UK), Canada, Ireland
- Master's degree preferable
- Minimum of 120-hour TEFL/TESOL certificate
- Teaching License preferred
- Experience teaching English Literature in an international school preferred
- Excellent knowledge of the content and pedagogy
- Annual bonus provided
- Teaching period bonus is provided at the end of each semester
- Visa Expense covered
- Medical Insurance
- Free breakfast and Lunch on every working day
- Airport pick up service upon arrival
- Competitive Travel Subsidy is provided at the end of the contract
- Free accommodation with furniture
- Garden like campus
- Performance Pension plan is provided at the end of the employment
With fully equipped facilities, a rigorous study schedule, high morale, and exceptional education standards, Shanghai High School is one of China’s most reputable schools. The Psychology Department of SHSID aims to teach students how psychological research is conducted and how it can be applied to allow them to better understand themselves and others. Courses cover the varied ways of studying psychology including biological, behaviorist, cognitive, and sociocultural approaches. Students will learn how to evaluate psychological models and theories with an emphasis on developing their critical thinking skills. Teachers with IB or AP psychology teaching experiences are preferred.
- Abide by the teachers’ rules and regulations, attend orientations, staff meetings, parents’ meetings, and participate in educational activities on time.
- Assign and mark homework with constructive and detailed criticism; maintain teaching standards
- Be familiar with literary interpretation, rhetorical analysis, and literary theory
- Attend all staff meetings and professional development seminars; be an active participant in curriculum and school development
- Work well with others as both a leader and a member of a group; prepare and teach lessons based on teaching group decisions
- Adapt to local and school culture and be a representative of SHSID
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence
- Performs other related duties as requested or assigned
- All Applicants should attach the following to their Teachaway profile
- A cover letter
- A résumé
- A copy of passport ID page
- A copy of highest degree diploma authenticated
- A copy of relevant certificate/license authenticated
- A recent passport photo of yourself with a white background
- A no criminal record authenticated
Established in 1865, Shanghai High School has an overall size of 340 mu (223,617 square meters) and is historically one of the most well-known schools in China and around the world. Of the alumni, there are over 100 provincial and ministry leaders of the People's Republic of China, 55 academicians of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS) and the Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE), and 30 generals in the People's Liberation Army (PLA).
Shanghai High School International Division (SHSID) was founded in 1993 and became an International Baccalaureate (IB) world school in 1995. In 2003, Shanghai High School became the only United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) associated school in Shanghai. SHSID is authorized by the College Board to administer AP, SAT, and PSAT exams and is an authorized TOEFL exam center.
SHSID is approved to be a test center by Cambridge International Examinations and is also authorized by ACT Inc. as an ACT exam center. In 2017, SHSID became the University of Cambridge China Screening Center. At present, approximately 2,800 students from over 60 countries and regions are enrolled in the Puxi and Pudong Campuses of the International Division.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.