IB MYP/DP Math Teacher
- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hours
- Certification as a Secondary Teacher
- At least an undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Housing stipend or school provided apartment (your choice)
- Airfare benefits available
- Health insurance
- Completion Bonus
- Free lunch
- School swimming pool and gym available to employees (hours are a bit limited, but not unreasonable
Kang Chiao International School East China Campus (KCISEC) provides a coherent learning experience from kindergarten to high school by utilizing innovative pedagogical methods based on a balanced international curriculum.
KCISEC provides a stimulating environment where diversity and inspiration are embraced. Our students are empowered to acquire and reinforce skills needed to be engaging, active lifelong learners. Therefore, students will be prepared to face uncertainty with confidence in our global society.
- To make recommendations for the collection of suitable teaching and learning resources and maintain records of textbooks and teaching materials used.
- To take all necessary precautions to protect, maintain and return all equipment and materials. To inform line manager (as appropriate) of any on-going difficulties or potential concerns.
- To supervise DP CAS and EE when assigned.
- To participate in collaborative planning meetings including departmental meetings and grade-level pastoral meetings and also school events such as open days.
- To follow school guidelines and procedures when organising field trips.
- To maintain curriculum documentation, including ManageBac, to ensure professional handover of all teaching and learning resources to new teachers joining the school.
- To fully engage in the teacher evaluation and monitoring processes and activities and incorporate the feedback into the individualized PD plan with the facilitation of school pedagogical leaders.
- To protect the rights of the student by maintaining the confidentiality of student information and records.
- To be familiar with the KCISEC Child Protection policy and report immediately when any associated incidents happen.
KCISEC is a private K-12 school. We are located 45 minutes outside of Shanghai. Our school’s population is 5,000. We are an IB authorized and AP approved school. KCISEC follows American Curriculum, using Common Core Standards for both English and Math. Our Science Department has begun to implement the Next Generation Science Standards. Our Social Studies department has adopted the UCLA History Standards. The High School Program (G9- G12) at KCISEC is designed to prepare students for college and university admission.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.