- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Information and Communications Technology
Candidates must be willing to engage in leadership activities and participate in peer professional learning and delivery.
- Tax free salary
- Medical insurance (Basic with the option to ugrade for a reasonble fee)
- Paid annual flight to point of origin
- Paid Housing (Studio)
- Paid Visa
ICT Teacher is to provide a balanced curriculum and maintain progress of all class members through the subject at a pace suitable to age and development and using appropriate skills and techniques of differentiation. To assess student’s work and guide them towards achieving appropriate 21st century skills in technology in the school’s prescribed curriculum.
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for ICT to primary age students
- To support the implementation of e-Learning into the school program across content areas
- To maintain discipline so that the learning objectives of the class and the provisions of the School’s Internet Safety policy are met
- To develop teaching resources, schemes of work, marking policies and teaching strategies in the curriculum area
- To assist in the process of curriculum development in ICT, so as to ensure the continued relevance to the needs of students, examining and awarding bodies and the school’s ethos
- To ensure that equipment is in good working order
- Participate in relevant meetings with colleagues, parents and be involved in links with external agencies as part of curriculum enhancement, including extra-curricular activities and off-site visits
- Support other members in varied curricula areas and students as appropriate
- Carry out any other duties as determined by administration
Sarh Al Jaameah Private School (SAPS), in Muscat, Oman, opened in September 2019. The school will serve grades 1 through 5 during the 2021-2022 school year. The school was born out of the vision of the Sultan Qaboos University and seeks to be a beacon in the private school community.
SAPS is an extension of the university, and it will have access to various supports, including faculty from colleges of diverse disciplines. As international educators, you’ll join a richly diverse team of professionals with vast experiences that will translate into service-learning, real-world application, subjects and content of interest for students to explore and experiment in and the opportunity to leave your indelible mark as the founding teachers and leaders. You will be part of a new school initiative, which will welcome your gifts and talents. There is ample room for professional growth and opportunities to be creative and flexible in approaches to learning. This is an exciting project, which encourages the innovative juices to flow and impact children and the school community.