KG/Eementary Art Teacher
- Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts or equivalent
- Teaching certificate/licensure appropriate for grade level and subject area
- Solid working knowledge of the concepts, activities and techniques related to teaching art at the required level
- Strong foundation in classroom management
The Art Teacher would possess:
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Patience and stress tolerance
- Collaborative skills
- Innovative ideas
- Furnished accommodation
- Economy Class airfare
- Public Medical Health Insurance
- Transportation with the school bus
- End-of-service gratuity (as per Qatar’s Labor Laws)
- Professional Development
Only accepting Female candidates with no accompanying dependants for this position.
Etqan Global Academy (EGA) is seeking a Kindergarten/Elementary Art Teacher to provide learning activities appropriate to the age of the students in order to develop an interest in and ability for creative expression, and to develop an understanding and appreciation of art in each student.
Art Teacher's Job Description:
- Plan and prepare a program of study to meet the needs and interests of the students
- Establish and communicate clear learning objectives
- Develop age-appropriate instructional strategies to achieve the art curriculum goals
- Demonstrate and assist students to use different techniques and media to develop art works aligned to their artistic abilities
- Inform students about cultural and historical influences on art
- Provide instruction that encourages students to understand and appreciate art
- Encourage students to express their own personalities and thoughts through the creative process
- Assess and evaluate student's performance on a regular basis
- Prepare progress reports
- Provide feedback to relevant stakeholders about each student's progress
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and is age-appropriate
- Set and maintain acceptable standards of classroom behavior to establish an orderly learning environment
- Show students how to properly use and care for materials, tools and equipment
- Monitor and maintain classroom inventory
- Plan and present art displays
EGA is a newly established academy which offers an advanced education model in Doha, Qatar; an IB (PYP) in addition to the Qatari Curriculum for the Arabic Language, Islamic and Social Studies. We plan for natural growth up to grade 12 in successive years. EGA is anticipated to begin operation in September 2019. Although a young school, the Operator of EGA enjoys over 15 years of experience establishing and managing international schools in the Middle East region.
EGA education philosophy emphasizes inquiry, stimulates curiosity, and fosters comprehension and creativity. Students at the EGA acquire and practice strong leadership skills and develop a sense of global responsibility.
The school operates out of a purposely built campus that comprises separate buildings for male and female students, one serves kindergarten to grade 9, and one serves G10- 12. Total enrollment capacity of the campus is +2000 students. The land plot size is 60,000M2, which is located in the Northside of Doha.
Teaching in Qatar gives teachers insight into life in the Middle East, allows teachers to experience traditional Qatari hospitality, and offers highly competitive salaries. Teachers in Qatar will enjoy an accommodating blend of old-world traditions and modern day amenities - an experience like no other!