Kindergarten Homeroom Teacher
- Early Childhood
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate, ESL Instructor
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Early Childhood Education or Foundation Phase Education
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hoursTESL/TEFL Certificate
- Early Childhood and Foundation Phase Qualified teachers are preferred
- Valid teaching certification
- Ideally two years of teaching experience
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- Creativity is key
- Kind, caring and collaborative
- Age limit for hiring in China is 58
- Health insurance
- Competitive housing allowance
- 30 paid vacation days for the first year (10 additional paid vacation days for second year of the contract)
- Full airfare reimbursement for an economy ticket and airport pickup
Kang Chiao International School East China seeks Early Childhood Educators to join our Kindergarten Department starting August 2020.
Kang Chiao strives to provide a stimulating environment where diversity and inspiration are embraced. Our students are empowered to acquire and reinforce the skills needed to be engaging, active lifelong learners. Therefore, they will be prepared to face uncertainty with confidence in our global society. We aim to provide a coherent learning experience from our kindergarten to high school by utilizing innovative pedagogical methods based on a balanced international curriculum.
Our Kindergarten uses an inquiry-based approach to student learning and places a great emphasis on going deeper into units through students posed questions and interests. We are looking for preschool(3-4-year-olds), pre-K(4-5-year-olds) and Kindergarten(5-6-year-olds) Homeroom Teachers who will encourage creativity and innovation while helping students develop an understanding of important concepts such as responsibility and respect.
KCISEC is a private K-12 school. We are located 45 minutes outside of Shanghai. Our school’s population is 5,000. We are an IB authorized and AP approved school. KCISEC follows American Curriculum, using Common Core Standards for both English and Math. Our Science Department has begun to implement the Next Generation Science Standards. Our Social Studies department has adopted the UCLA History Standards. The High School Program (G9- G12) at KCISEC is designed to prepare students for college and university admission.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.