Kindergarten Homeroom Teacher
- Early Childhood
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Early years eduction
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hours
- 1 year of experience with relevant age group
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- International experience/China work experience is a plus
- Willingness to accommodate the needs of students with varying linguistic ability
- Commitment to the wellbeing and care of students
- Annual bonus is based on your performance
- Monthly Housing Allowance of RMB 7,000
- Initial work visa reimbursement up to RMB5, 000. Receipts are required for reimbursement. School provides visa procurement assistance
- Annual airfare reimbursement of a maximum amount of RMB 10,000 (RMB 5,000 per semester)
- Health Insurance
- First 7 days accommodation after arrive in Shanghai: reimbursement up to RMB1500
- The employee is entitled to a 100% subsidy on tuition fee (excluding book and miscellaneous fees.) for his/her own child studying in Vanke Schools. Limited to one child
- Seven paid sick leave days a year
- Lunch provided on school days
We are hiring an early years teacher to be part of our team. This is a wonderful opportunity for a qualified, enthusiastic, energetic and committed early years teacher. You will benefit from a competitive salary, rent allowance, full health insurance and paid holidays. (Christmas, summer, CNY)
The school offers a bilingual education to students aged from 2-5 years old. We aim to prepare the learners for a competitive education system. The older students follow a common core curriculum while the younger students follow a thematic one. We encourage the teachers to design lessons that enable the students to learn through inquiry. We encourage teachers to be creative in their lesson design. The class sizes are small so we can personalise the learning and we encourage creativity and innovation.
The teachers are expected to collaborate effectively with both Chinese and western staff. Teachers should maintain honest and open relationships with parents and teachers alike. Teachers are required to monitor the progress of individual students and differentiate instruction, appropriately.
We are looking for a candidate who can share our vision and use it to inspire our students. The ideal candidate will be a life long learner and one who is always open to professional and personal growth.
About Vanke Bilingual School
Shanghai Vanke Bilingual School grew out of the International Bilingual Program of Fudan Vanke Experimental Private School. At present, there are students from 20 countries and regions, including the United States, Canada, Britain, Singapore, South Korea, Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan, and Mainland China.
Founded in 2006, International Bilingual Program . We aims to merge the Chinese education essence with Western education essence. We cultivate students the international perspective and international communication ability in hand while rooting in Chinese culture. The Chinese teaching and English teaching respectively accounts for 50%.
Small class size with 20 students contributes to an intimate and harmonious teacher-student relationship. Every child is respected as an individual learner. They are fully cared and encouraged by the adult staff at school.
Through practice and exploration, students are equipped with not only good learning habits, but also diversified thinking ability. The Chinese-English language ability of the grade-6 students has reached the level of twin mother-tongues. In Chinese language ability examination, the students are among the best of Minhang district. The English proficiency assessment of the students is based on the American ITBS. According to the historical test performance, students of every grade are better than American students of the same age in English proficiency. The test scores of Grade 9 students exceed the average scores of the American Grade 10 students.
The mission of Shanghai Vanke Bilingual School is to Inspire Unlimited Potential (I UP). Through the rich and challenging bilingual, multicultural and integrated curriculum, we are devoted to cultivating students’well-balanced personality, lifelong learning ability and innovative leadership, thus laying a solid foundation for a sound and fruitful life for all our students.