A-Level Chemistry Teacher
- High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Science education and Chemistry
- Teaching Credential/License
- Certification as a Secondary Teacher
- At least an undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Competitive salary as well as additional bonuses
- Completion of contract bonus
- Competitive housing allowance
- Competitive relocation fee
- Epidemic Allowance (10% of annual salary, prorate)
- Opportunities for in-house, ongoing professional development
- Health insurance (National Social Insurance or commercial)
- 30 paid vacation days (10 additional paid vacation days with a renewal contract)
- An annual return flight ticket
Purpose of the position:
- To work by the IB and KCIS East China Mission Statement
- To maintain and develop professional standards as outlined in the Profile of a KCIS East China Campus IB/A-Level Educator and School policies.
- To actively promote openness, professional growth, teamwork, and initiatives at KCIS East China Campus.
- In words, demeanor and performance, to model the Learner Profile we wish to see developed in our students.
Brief school introduction:
Kunshan Kang Chiao School (KCISEC) is an authorized IB World School to implement the Diploma Programme (DP) and the Middle Years Programme (MYP) as well as an A-Level exam center. It is a subsidiary of Kang Chiao Bilingual School (founded in 2002) and is a private, co-educational school with boarding facilities. KCISEC strives to provide a culturally stimulating environment, where diversity is celebrated and students are provided with the skills needed to succeed in local and global societies.
As well as classrooms for each teacher, we are pleased to offer our students a digitalized
teaching and learning environment, library facilities, fully equipped science labs, a performing arts center, athletic tracks, a climbing wall, a zip line, multiple basketballs, and tennis courts, an indoor swimming pool, two cafeterias’, a coffee shop, and multiple residence halls.
KCISEC attaches great importance to the teachers’ professional development. It holds summer and winter in-school PD every year and encourages teachers to get professional development.
KCISEC is a private K-12 school. We are located 45 minutes outside of Shanghai. Our school’s population is 5,000. We are an IB-authorized and AP-approved school. KCISEC follows American Curriculum, using Common Core Standards for both English and Math. Our Science Department has begun to implement the Next Generation Science Standards. Our Social Studies department has adopted the UCLA History Standards. The High School Program (G9- G12) at KCISEC is designed to prepare students for college and university admission.
Kang Chiao is a cross-strait school that has East China and Taipei campus. East China Campus, Kang Chiao International School, was formally introduced to Mainland China by the invitation of the People’s Government of Kunshan in 2012. We opened a new school of 15 years of education which aims to provide a culturally stimulating environment for students in China. In East China Campus, we invested a total of 500 million yuan in an area of 215 acres. The newly founded school opened its door to students from kindergarten, primary, junior and senior high school on September 2014.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.