Math Program Coordinator
- Middle School, High School
- Director/Principal, Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- International Experience is a plus
- Good leadership skills
- Good Communication skills
- Result Oriented
- Positive Attitude
- Professional Outlook
- Private Medical Insurance provided
- 300 USD accommodation allowance included in the monthly salary
- 1500 USD airfare allowance upon completion contract
- Visa and Work permit reimbursed at the completion of contract
- Quarantine allowance of up to 2,000 USD reimbursed
- Assistance in applying for visa to Cambodia
- Assistance in finding accommodation
Westview Cambodian International School is a leading international school in Cambodia offering classes from grade 6 to 12 in continuation from Learning Jungle International School (preschool to elementary). The school and its faculty members are working hard toward getting international accreditations from WASC and CIS. The Math program coordinator reports to Academic Principal and Campus Manager.
- Develop and review math curriculum adaptation from the approved curriculum books
- Develop and review the student assessments and support program to developing students if needed
- Lead and support math teachers in the daily work and conduct professional development sessions with math teachers
- Serve as math teacher when the staffing requires or when having less than 3 math teachers under supervision
- Write report and contribute in the fullfilment of school international accreditation process with WASC and CIS
- Demonstrate an understanding of and love for teenagers and enthusiasm for developing a happy, creative atmosphere for the students
- Ensure the teaching quality of math teachers meets the high standard of the school curriculum
- Keep records of student assessment, lesson plans, homework and other documents per school requirements
- Assign and correct homework, unit tests, projects, etc
- Evaluate the progress of students and discuss progress results with Students, Parents and School Management team
- Lead students to join various academic activities/projects and local and regional competitions
- Write report cards and conduct parent-teacher meetings two times per year
- Ensure and maintain safety, hygiene, and stimulating environment for his/her classroom’s students
- Build a good relationship and maintain good communication with Parents, Students, and Staff
- Provide supervision and guidance of daily activities, field trips, and special activities when requested
- Attend weekly meetings, professional development, Parents-Teacher meetings, and school events as requested
- Perform other teaching-related tasks as requested
Westview Cambodian International School is the great extension to secondary education from grade 7 to 12 by the passionate leadership team of Learning Jungle International School offering educational services only from preschool to grade 6. With the strong support from parents, students, staff and the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport, Westview Cambodian International School is created to offer the International Secondary program built from the world renowned American Standards of education and the Khmer language, history and culture into one unique curriculum from grades 7 to 12. Our mission is to educate Cambodian youth to become confident, equipped with global competencies while embracing their Cambodian identity, culture and values.
ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE: Students will achieve their intellectual potential by striving for and attaining the highest standards of academic excellence.
CONSCIENTIOUS LEARNERS: Students willingly apply a variety of self-reflection strategies throughout their learning processes, demonstrating the habits of a growth mindset and a strong work ethic.
WELL ROUNDED INDIVIDUALS: Students will demonstrate the fundamental characteristics of well-rounded individuals, critical thinkers and conscientious leaders, adopting the character traits of our sixteen Character Profiles.
CAMBODIAN CULTURE: Students will gain a strong understanding of Cambodian values and form an appreciation of the qualities that make up Cambodian culture and society.
GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP: Students will understand what it means to be a global citizen, and play a conscientious and proactive role in being a valuable member of a global community with a drive to make the world a better place.
CONTRIBUTING TO SOCIETY: Students will develop the skills they need to form genuine and productive relationships with people from all walks of life and to make contributions to their own communities, society and country.
Westivew is working toward international accreditations from WASC and CIS.
Teachers can find English teaching jobs in Cambodia in language schools or public school classrooms. Having a teaching certificate or TEFL certification can increase teachers’ salaries dramatically, so prospective English teachers are recommended to complete a TEFL course before applying for jobs to teach in Cambodia.