Middle School Arts Teacher
- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
- Under the age of 55
- Proficient in English
- Interested candidates with international education/ IB experience, certification and/or a master's degree in Education are strongly preferred
- Flexibility to undertake more than one subject area and/or grade level
- Must be open to new ideas in teaching
- Only kind, caring, collaborative and professional teachers need apply
- Completion of contract bonus
- Renewal bonus
- Competitive housing allowance
- Opportunities for in-house, ongoing professional development
- Health insurance
- 30 paid vacation days (10 additional paid vacation days with a renewal contract)
- An annual return flight ticket
- Full airfare reimbursement and airport pickup
Kang Chiao International School East China Campus (KCISEC) is a subsidiary of Kang Chiao Bilingual School (founded in 2002). It is a private, co-educational school with boarding facilities. KCISEC strives to provide a culturally stimulating environment, where diversity is celebrated and students are provided with the skills to succeed in a global society. From our kindergarten to our senior high school, KCISEC utilizes innovative pedagogical methods based on an international curriculum.
KCISEC has become a member of the IB World School offering the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) since September 2015. As the school is expanding, we have introduced the IB Middle Years Programme from August 2016.
We are currently recruiting experienced, middle school teachers and highly-motivated DP and MYP practitioners along with appropriate tertiary qualifications for 2019-2020 school year.
KCISEC IB teachers must embody the spirit of both the IB and of the inclusiveness that underlies the school’s vision and mission. As role models of the IB Learner Profile, they must exhibit the skills required to work in collaborative planning teams and the flexibility to undertake more than one subject area and/or grade level.
KCISEC is a private K-12 school. We are located 45 minutes outside of Shanghai. Our school’s population is 5,000. We are an IB authorized and AP approved school. KCISEC follows American Curriculum, using Common Core Standards for both English and Math. Our Science Department has begun to implement the Next Generation Science Standards. Our Social Studies department has adopted the UCLA History Standards. The High School Program (G9- G12) at KCISEC is designed to prepare students for college and university admission.