Middle School English Teacher - Shanghai High School Int'l Division - China
Shanghai High School International Division
English Teacher, High/Middle School
With fully equipped facilities, a rigorous academic schedule, a positive and collaborative working environment, and exceptional education standards, Shanghai High School International Division is one of China’s premier schools, with a historical tradition of success and leadership.
Shanghai High School International Division middle school English team members should be committed to the growth and development of students as global citizens with strong independent learning for our 21st Century world. The middle school English program works to immerse students in a positive educational environment that fosters a sense of community across cultures, as well as educates students across intellectual, creative, and interpersonal disciplines.
Middle school English teachers lead students in three key content areas, reading, writing, and speaking. Within these core areas, teachers work to lay the foundation for students future learning in all subject areas by developing students’ critical and analytical thinking, as well as providing them with a basis of understanding in research. A mixture of literature and non-fiction allows students to explore culture and history, while drawing connections and considering the modern-day implications of readings. Writings of all genres is practiced across the year, in an effort to cultivate both creativity and reasoning abilities. Class discussion, oral presentations, and performance based assessments all work to challenge students to be able to articulate their thoughts strongly and eloquently. Along the way, students are pushed to develop 21st century skills of digital and media literacy, as well as grow as independent learners.
Middle school English teachers at SHSID will be expected to use knowledge of instruction and pedagogy to bring creativity to curriculum, as well as use data to inform and shape objective driven lessons. A commitment to students, flexibility in cultural understanding, and passion for learning are essential.
- Job Start Date: Aug. 20th , 2018
- Apply Until: No closing date, position open until filled
- All Applicants should include
- A cover letter
- A résumé
- A copy of passport ID page
- A notarized copy of highest degree diploma authenticated
- A notarized copy of relevant certificate/license authenticated
- A recent passport photo of yourself with a white background
- A no criminal record authenticated
- Abide by the teachers’ rules and regulations, attend orientations, staff meetings, parents’ meetings, and participate in educational activities on time.
- Create and implement dynamic, skill-based lessons centered on an established curriculum in coordination with other department members.
- Adhere to SHSID’s mission, vision, and educational philosophy, striving to achieve instructional goals and student mastery of 21st Century skills
- Abide by the organizational rules and regulations of Shanghai High School.
- Contribute to staff meetings, parent meetings, and engage in professional development and team-building opportunities.
- Provide support at the direction of school leaders, principals, and administration.
- Respect the cultural heritage, traditions, and customs of China and Shanghai High School.
- Embody the principles, actions, and dispositions of a professional educator at all times.
- Willingness to perform additional tasks as requested or assigned.
All applicants will be considered; however, only selected applicants will be interviewed. Selected candidates will be contacted within two weeks of application, and an in person/ Skype interview may be required for further assessment.
|USD 2500 - 3900|
Qualifications and Requirements