Middle School Language Arts Teacher
- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Language Arts
- Teaching Credential/License
- Valid passport up to 3 years
- Official degrees and their transcripts
- Valid teaching certificate
- An official copy of previous teaching experience letters, clearly stating the length of years of experience
- Must be under the age of 60 due to VISA requirement
- Must have a clean FBI Report/ Background Check
- (Please check the Kuwait Embassy for Work VISA requirements)
- Fully Furnished Apartment including utilities and internet services along with a small gym, access to a heated pool, full laundry facilities, etc.
- Round Trip Airfare from home to Kuwait
- Local and International opportunities for Professional Development
- Health Insurance - Worldwide coverage except for emergencies in the United States and Canada
- Kuwait Governmental Insurance - up to 12 months Salary
- No-Absence Bonus
- Yearly Increments
- Free Tuition up to two children
- End of Service Payment
- Continuous Service Bonus
- Work permit/Residency costs paid by School and VISA costs
- Settling-in Allowance
Responsible for instructing students in a Middle School from grades 5-8. Creates lesson plans that are student-centered, provide feedback to students, instructs students using American Curriculum Standards.
- Collaborate with a team to plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities
- Create a positive educational climate for students to learn in
- Participate in ongoing training sessions
- Maintain grade books
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education
- Create Understanding by Design Unit Plans
- Utilize various curriculum resources
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for students and parents
- Observe and evaluate student's performance
The Universal American School – Kuwait, (UAS), is a non-profit, private, co-educational, college-preparatory day school serving a multi-national student body of approximately 1800 students from nursery to grade 12. The school’s Owner: Mrs. Nora Al Ghanim is supported by an Advisory Board composed of 7 members who represent various aspects of Kuwait’s Business, Academic, Medical, and Political demographic. UAS is accredited by the Council of International Schools, (CIS), and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, (NEASC).
UAS was founded in 1976 and serves students and staff from nearly 40 nations. The school is divided into an Early Childhood Division, (Nursery – KG2), Elementary Division, (Grade 1 – 4), Middle School (Grade 5-8), and High School (Grade 9-12) with individual educational leaders assigned to each division. The Senior Leadership Team is composed of the Owner (Director), Vice Director, Superintendent, and Assistant Superintendent.
The School occupies one square city block and has a floor area of 5000 square meters. The school has eight floors in total; two underground, a ground floor, and five floors above. It has 3 swimming pools, 3 band rooms, a 341 seat auditorium/theater and a large gymnasium. This is complemented by a smaller sports room, a playroom for Kindergarten, art rooms, science labs, library, clinic, canteen and multi-purpose hall. Computer labs in all instructional areas are available for special projects and full wireless internet access throughout the entire school supports our Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) instructional capability.