Middle School- Language & Literature and Individuals & Society Teacher
- Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
Uniquely ISP International School, Hanoi
We are looking for teachers to prepare our learners for a future beyond our imagination, toward challenges that require complex, global and bold responses. ISP International School Hanoi is recruiting full-time teachers to join our team from August 2022 school. We are currently hiring classroom and specialist teachers for grades K through 7.
As part of the International Schools Partnership (ISP) group:
- We put learners and learning ﬁrst. Learning is aﬀected by both internal factors (such as emotions, motivation and general health and wellbeing) and external factors (such as environment, curriculum and relationships). The external factor that has the most signiﬁcant impact on our students’ learning is the teacher.
- Everyone is a learner. So as one of our teachers, you are also a learner. Together, we will embark on an ongoing process of exploring, expanding and evolving your practice in ways that directly impact and improve student learning.
Using the IB framework, we are dedicated to making sure we implement and sustain programs proven to be most effective for student learning and well-being. We are a progressive school, willing to respond to the changing needs of our students in post-secondary education and the world that awaits them. A defining characteristic is our commitment to great teaching influenced by the latest research, and the flexibility to choose our learning standards from the United States. Also of utmost importance is our strong sense of community and vibrant campus, where learning is engaging for all our students.
The new campus is a special place where ideas are brought to life. We nurture, challenge and inspire all of our students. Our expert and truly caring teachers advance the world's leading curriculum. Our world class facilities encourage inquiry-based, student-led, enthusiastic learning. We challenge our students to engage with ideas and people. We promote strong ethics, environmental responsibility and we value our diversity.
Roles and Responsibilities:
ISP International School, Hanoi recognizes that exceptional and inspirational teachers are our most valuable resource in providing our students with an excellent international education. ISP Hanoi teachers are ambitious for their students’ learning and put students first in everything they do. They have the highest aspirations for their students’ achievement and development, both in the classroom and through the extra-curricular activities on offer. Our teachers actively promote the school’s Mission through their enthusiastic and full participation in school life and their supportive engagement with students, colleagues and parents. A clear focus on learning guides and informs our work with our young people across each age range and developmental phase.
SPECIFIC ROLE and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- MYP Language and Literature grades 6 and 7
- MYP Individuals and Society grades 6 and 7
- Language and Literature grades 6 and 7 Integrated Bilingual
- Graduate qualified teacher
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject area
- Master’s degree an advantage
Skills and Experience:
- Proficient English speaker
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the area for which you are applying
- Successful experience in working with students in the age group you are applying to work with
- Demonstrated experience in inspiring students in a stimulating learning environment
- Demonstrated experience of using ICT to promote learning
- Previous experience in an international school and familiarity with IBMYP framework preferred
- Experience in teaching EAL students preferred
- Ability to analyze student data to support student achievement
- Demonstrated experience in raising achievement and setting challenging targets
- Strong commitment to supporting all aspects of our program, especially through participating actively in the extra-curricular activities and contributing to the life of the school community
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.
Commencing operations in 2022, ISP International School, Hanoi is part of a growing number of schools worldwide owned by the International Schools Partnership (ISP). It benefits from the insights, practices and resources of a network of 52 schools in 15 countries around the world, to ensure all children experience amazing learning.
ISP Hanoi will cater to students from Elementary Prep through to Grade 12, offering two pathways. Students may join our rigorous international program built on standards from the United States and framed by the International Baccalaureate (IB) programme or a 50/50 Integrated Bilingual Program that combines the MOET standards with the international program. Quality and experienced teachers with American, Vietnamese and international experience practice inquiry-based teaching that emphasizes the student’s role in the learning process where they are actively encouraged to explore, ask and research.
ISP Hanoi is designed for equitable access to programs and opportunities to ensure academic and social-emotional well-being for all. Learners engage in authentic work that matters to them and the outside world. They use inquiry to design projects to tackle society’s greatest challenges. Literacy, numeracy, content knowledge and skills are strengthened through connections to meaningful, culturally relevant experiences across all disciplines. Intentional use of technology ignites anytime, anywhere learning.
ISP Hanoi empowers learners by awakening their curiosity and passion to transform themselves and the world. Our educational program prepares and encourages learners to find purpose and embark on a journey to contribute to a better world. Our students are inquisitive world citizens who seek out—and respect—diverse points of view and see themselves as essential co-creators.