Middle School Social Studies Teacher
- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Social Studies
- Teaching Credential/License
- Required CertificatesTeaching Credential/License
- Education Required Bachelor
- Minimum Teaching Experience 2 Years
- Major - History/Political Science
- Additional Requirements
- Education Required: Bachelor
- Minimum Teaching Experience: 2 years of teaching experience
- Major: History
- Required Certificates:
- Teaching Credential/License
- Bachelor's degree from a recognized and accredited post-secondary institution
- The school prefers to hire teachers with advanced degrees and at least two (2) years of full-time teaching experience
- Fluent English Speaker
- Valid passport up to 3 years
- Official degrees and their transcripts
- Valid teaching certificate
- An official copy of previous teaching experience letters, clearly stating the length of years of experience
- Must be under the age of 60 due to VISA requirement
- Must have a clean FBI Report/ Background Check
- (Please check the Kuwait Embassy for Work VISA requirements)
- Fully Furnished Apartment including utilities and internet services along with a small gym, access to a heated pool, full laundry facilities, etc.
- Round Trip Airfare from home to Kuwait
- Local and International opportunities for Professional Development
- Health Insurance - Worldwide coverage except for emergencies in the United States and Canada
- Kuwait Governmental Insurance - up to 12 months Salary
- No-Absence Bonus
- Yearly Increments
- Free Tuition up to two children
- End of Service Payment
- Continuous Service Bonus
- Work permit/Residency costs paid by School and VISA costs
- Settling-in Allowance
The Universal American School, Kuwait (UAS) is a private nonprofit co-educational college-preparatory school serving multinational students from Nursery to Grade 12. UAS opened in September 1975 with approximately 300 students to begin a high-quality tradition in academics, athletics, fine arts, and extracurricular activities. Today there are over 1,800 students from all over the world as we approach our 45th anniversary of excellence in education.
UAS is accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and New England Association of Schools and Colleges NEASC). There is a particularly selective student admissions procedure based on an interview and required entrance examination at all levels.
Approximately 380 staff includes highly qualified teachers and many long-term employees. A large percentage of faculty members have advanced degrees in addition to required teaching certification
The Universal American School – Kuwait, (UAS), is a non-profit, private, co-educational, college-preparatory day school serving a multi-national student body of approximately 1800 students from nursery to grade 12. The school’s Owner: Mrs. Nora Al Ghanim is supported by an Advisory Board comprised of 7 members who represent various aspects of Kuwait’s Business, Academic, Medical, and Political demographic. UAS is accredited by the Council of International Schools, (CIS), and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, (NEASC).
UAS was founded in 1976 and serves students and staff from nearly 40 nations. The school is divided into an Early Childhood Division, (Nursery – KG2), Elementary Division, (Grade 1 – 4), Middle School (Grade 5-8), and High School (Grade 9-12) with individual educational leaders assigned to each division. The Senior Leadership Team is comprised of the Owner (Director), Vice Director, Superintendent, and Assistant Superintendent.
The School occupies one square city block and has a floor area of 5000 square meters. The school has eight floors in total; two underground, a ground floor, and five floors above. It has 3 swimming pools, 3 band rooms, a 341 seat auditorium/theater and a large gymnasium. This is complimented by a smaller sports room, a playroom for Kindergarten, art rooms, science labs, library, clinic, canteen and multi-purpose hall. Computer labs in all instructional are available for special projects and full wireless internet access throughout the entire school supports our Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) instructional capability.