Middle/High School Social Studies Teacher
- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Social Sciences, History, Geography, Political Science
- Teacher Certification (Level 1)
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Use initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines
- Ability to analyze data and recommend effective solutions
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to read and stay abreast of current topics in education
- Ability to effectively assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, leadership team, and stakeholders
- Fully Furnished Accommodation
- 100% Tuition Fee Discount for two children and 50% discount for Third child
- Shared transport from Accommodation to school and vice-versa
- Private Medical Insurance
- Round trip Ticket for self
- Holidays as per the School Calendar
- Ongoing CPD Opportunities
Responsible for creating a positive educational climate for students to learn and develop. Creates lesson plans, assessments, administers praise and constructive criticism, instructs students on subjects such as language arts, science, social studies, civics, literature, and math, and creates a well-rounded, comprehensive instructional program.
- Plan, conduct, and assess activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, investigate, and develop their learning in a dynamic environment.
- Develop, create, and adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals
- Create interactive, dynamic lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year according to the pacing of the lessons delivered
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans
- Implement the school’s curriculum in a manner that reflects the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible
- Observe and evaluate students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students
- Confer with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators in order to resolve students' behavioral and academic problems
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by school policies and administrative regulations (including but not limited to grading papers, maintaining grade books, portfolios, etc.)
- Prepare students for later grades and university by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use both in learning activities and in imaginative play
- Prepare for assigned classes, and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisors
- Collaborate with other teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of elementary school programs
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, and storytelling
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guest speakers or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities
- Attend staff meetings, and serve on committees as required
- Administer standardized ability and achievement tests, and interpret results to determine student strengths and areas of need
- Supervise, evaluate, and plan assignments for teacher assistants
- Select, store, order, issue, and inventory classroom equipment, materials, and supplies
- Sponsor extracurricular activities such as clubs, student organizations, and academic contests
- Performs other tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Principal
Northwest Bilingual School is a private, college-preparatory school that instills a passion for learning, builds character and inspires civic and social responsibility. Incorporating a rigorous, U.S. curriculum and advanced technology, Northwest Bilingual School empowers students to become contributing leaders of tomorrow. Northwest will maintain its lead in being the highest quality, comprehensive school in the region priding itself in incorporating within its curriculum an understanding of and respect for Arabic language and Islamic values within our global society.
Quality Teaching, Exceptional Learning; Excellence in Learning; Focused on Quality, Founded in Integrity;
Todayâs Students, Tomorrows Leaders; Quality and Excellence in Education
Committed to continuous improvement, Northwest Bilingual School provides an excellent standards-based academic program within the framework of the best research-based educational practices in which students develop character, an awareness of the natural and social environments, and essential skills preparing them to face the challenges of our rapidly changing world.
The philosophy and objectives of this private, bilingual school support a U.S. curriculum in the rich cultural setting of the Middle East where students receive an immersion English language program. Northwest Bilingual School welcomes families from all countries knowing that this association of students of different backgrounds helps develop a clear understanding and appreciation of the global world in which they live.
Designed to meet a wide range of individual needs, the Northwest Bilingual School experience stresses the worth and dignity of all students and provides them the opportunities to progress intellectually, emotionally, socially, and physically to their greatest potential.
Licensed teachers can teach in Kuwait's private international schools for the chance to experience life in the Middle East while earning an excellent salary and benefits. Hot and sunny year-round, Kuwait's welcoming residents and beautiful weather make for an incredible experience teaching overseas.