- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Experience teaching US Curriculum (desirable)
- Experience working with English Language Learners (advantageous)
What We Offer
Teaching Staff are offered two-year contracts, which can be extended by further periods of up to two years, on the recommendation of the Principal.
Salaries are awarded based on experience and qualifications and will be appointed to a specific point on the Dubai Schools’ salary scale. We regularly review our salary scales, which are structured to enable ongoing development and progression.
We offer a comprehensive set of benefits to our international staff, ensuring internationally recruited staff are provided with accommodation appropriate to the teacher’s status and family needs.
The Dubai Schools provide Medical Insurance to all employees under its sponsorship, during their employment, as per the UAE Labour Law. The insurance will cover the medical expenses within defined individual annual limits and as per the terms and conditions of the prevailing medical insurance policy.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive tax-free salary
- Employment visa
- Taaleem provided accommodation or housing allowance
- Medical insurance for self, spouse, and two children
- Annual flight allowance for self
- Relocation allowance
- Tuition fee discount
Key Relationships: Students, colleagues, parents and the School Principal, Heads of School and Senior Leadership Team
Positioning of Role: This role reports to the Principal or relevant Head of School
Primary Purpose of Job: The Taaleem teacher embodies, radiates, and transmits the unique Taaleem ethos of excellence, innovation, creativity, and compassion. Through inspirational teaching, with a deep understanding of students’ individual learning needs and the Dubai Schools values of Future Ready, Trust and Empathy, Collaboration and Inclusion, Cultural Preservation and Academic Excellence, the Dubai Schools teacher strives to ensure that our distinctive curriculum programs lay firm foundations for academic and professional success, personal and spiritual fulfillment, and a love of lifelong learning in every one of our students. Dubai Schools and Taaleem Teachers inspire young minds.
- Representing areas of knowledge, understanding, and skills, in all their richness, to students taught.
- Inculcating by precept and example the highest regard for truth, justice, equality of opportunity, human rights, benevolence, and compassion.
- Engaging and motivating students to achieve at levels that are beyond their expectations and previous limits.
- Using excellent subject knowledge, and pedagogic, and interpersonal skills to enthuse students and enable students to enjoy learning.
- Making full use of educational technology and blended learning practices to enhance the quality of teaching and learning for students of all ages and attainment levels.
- Planning lessons taking full account of students’ individual learning needs, as well as their learning styles, preferences, and capabilities.
- Encouraging and enabling all students to become effective, confident, and independent life-long learners.
- Maintaining excellent professional relationships with colleagues by making a wider professional contribution to the continuing improvement of the school.
- Planning and delivery of a program of learning opportunities and activities to enrich and enhance the taught curriculum.
- Co-operating with colleagues to establish and maintain fair and consistent disciplinary practices in the classroom, around the school, and on school trips, and taking active measures to protect students from all forms of abuse, including racist or sexist abuse, bullying, and any kind of corporal punishment.
- Communicate openly and professionally with parents regularly about the attainment and progress of their child.
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality when speaking to parents and external parties.
- Model good practice of academic honesty.
- Contribute actively to department discussions in meetings.
- Contribute to and plan after-school activities as required.
- Actively support the school partnership with the community e.g. attending school/community events which may occasionally occur at weekends or in the evening i.e. school concerts etc.
Everybody remembers an inspiring teacher because of the material difference he or she makes to us as individuals, stretching our potential and encouraging us to make the most of our strengths. Empowerment is the upshot of inspirational teaching and it sees students increasingly aiming higher and aiming more.
Together, inspiration and empowerment can be the architects of our future successes. Having charted the link between inspiration, empowerment and success, creating an environment that inspires children is the driving force behind Taaleem.
The Dubai Schools Mission is to be a Beacon of Academic Excellence. Combining an inquisitive teaching approach and future-focused skillset delivery, we work hand-in-hand with the community to nurture students to become independent and empathetic learners.
The vision for Dubai Schools is to offer a first-class international education to students by being a beacon and exemplar of academic quality. The school uses the US curriculum, the New York Engage Standards, as the foundation of the educational program, balanced with a sharp focus on Arabic literacy, Islamic studies, and the cultural values of the UAE. Maintaining this balance is crucial and is likely to define the successful leadership of a school that seeks to meld global-mindedness with an appreciation of the UAE’s cultural heritage.
The main objective of the Dubai Schools Project is to create a mutually beneficial partnership between the government and the private sector that ensures Dubai’s aspiration to have 100% of Emirati Students enrolled in 'Good+' rated schools by 2026.