- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Education, Elementary Education
- Teaching Credential/License
- Strong pedagogy and methodology in primary education
- Ability to articulate verbally, and apply effective strategies in math, English, and Science
- Proven history of high levels in student achievement
- Strong leadership skills
- Flexible and willing to take on new challenges
- Minimum 2 years of teaching experience at the relevant level
- For visa purposes, must be under 60 years of age
- Housing provided
- Round trip airfare from point of origin
- Medical insurance
- Renewable contracts
- Paid work visa
- Professional development opportunities
The teacher has the responsibility to lead students toward the fulfillment of/her potential for intellectual, emotional, psychological, and social growth. Teachers are responsible for stimulating maximum learning on the part of the pupils assigned to them by providing a good environment and by guiding sound curriculum experiences and activities in the classroom, the school, and the community. The teacher reports to the building principal or other designated leadership.
Major Duties and Responsibilities of the Classroom Teacher are to:
- Create standards-based lesson plans
- Develop interventions, and enrichment activities according to student needs
- Collect, document, and analyze data as appropriate to best practices
- Incorporate cross-curricular objectives into weekly plans
- Complete interim and report cards with effective feedback
- Conduct internal continuous assessments and external assessments as warranted by the school's plan
- Engage in common planning and professional development as a value-added member of the school team
- Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated
- Develop and maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided by the division, with responsibility for the order and progress of his/her classes
- Prepare for classes assigned, and show written evidence of preparation upon request of the immediate supervisor
- Assist students in setting and maintaining standards of classroom behavior
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities with responsibility for the neatness of/her room and the proper care of all furniture and supplies
- Evaluate student progress regularly
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law and school policy
- Be available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under the reasonable term
- Comply with and enforce school rules, administrative regulations, and School Board policies
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings as well as other professional meetings called by the administrative staff
- Cooperate with other members of staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods
- Assist in selecting books, equipment, and other instructional materials
- Establish and maintain cooperative relations with others
- Accomplish reasonable special assignments as assigned by the principal
- Provide for his/her professional growth through an ongoing program of study, including workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning
- Perform other school duties as assigned
Sarh Al Jaameah Private School (SAPS), in Muscat, Oman, opened in September 2019. The school will serve grades 1 through 6 during the 2022-2023 school year. The school was born out of the vision of the Sultan Qaboos University and seeks to be a beacon in the private school community.
SAPS is an extension of the university, and it will have access to various supports, including faculty from colleges of diverse disciplines. As international educators, you’ll join a richly diverse team of professionals with vast experiences that will translate into service-learning, real-world application, subjects and content of interest for students to explore and experiment in and the opportunity to leave your indelible mark as the founding teachers and leaders. You will be part of a new school initiative, which will welcome your gifts and talents. There is ample room for professional growth and opportunities to be creative and flexible in approaches to learning. This is an exciting project, which encourages innovative ideas to flow and impact children and the school community.
According to the Expat Insider 2020 report by Inter Nations, Oman is in the top five safest countries in the world for expats – higher than any other Gulf nation – and ranked 24th out of 59 countries overall for expat life.
Pictures reflect project construction that is expected to start July 2022 for our new campus.
Find teaching jobs in Oman, ranging from private international schools to language schools throughout the country. There is a definitive focus on teaching in Oman because it is one of the fastest-growing countries in the Middle East. Explore an engaging culture while earning a competitive, tax-free salary and notable benefits.