- Early Childhood, Elementary
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in the subject area.
- A relevant license, certificate, or registration.
- Excellent time management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Resilience and a positive attitude.
- Superb interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to establish rapport and build professional relationships with adolescents.
- A high degree of professionalism.
- A growth mindset.
- Experience: 3 or more years of classroom teaching experience (experience with English Language Learners preferred)
- Teaching License/Certification
- Experience with US Common Core in Elementary School
- Salary: Monthly, competitive salary based on your credentials and experience
- Accommodation: Free housing
- Accommodation Details: Western-style apartment within walking-distance of your school
- Airfare Reimbursement: Airfare to China and return flight covered by School
- Airport Pickup: Yes
- Support Staff: Fully bilingual support staff is available to help process your visa, settle you into your apartment, translate legal documents, and much more. We provide Western comforts and support to make the transition easier for you.
- Health Insurance Provided: Yes
- Additional Benefits: Paid Vacation
- Professional Development: Ongoing professional development provided, including annual teacher in-service, and frequent professional development opportunities. Teachers enjoy career advancement opportunities.
- Bonus: Teacher referral bonus offered to all KLIS teachers.
- Holidays: We observe local national holidays and some US holidays.
Position / Role Introduction:
We are seeking a dedicated elementary school teacher to educate our school's students (Kindergarten-Grade 5). The elementary school teacher will seek to accomplish the school's core values of Students First, Responsiveness, Community, and Creativity and curiosity through student-centered instruction, research-based activities, and engaging lessons that meet students' individual needs, interests, and capabilities. The applicant will take precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities, and keep accurate records in compliance with KLIS policies and regulations. The applicant will create and implement rules and policies regulating student conduct.
To ensure success, the applicant will use every opportunity to form interpersonal relationships with all students and parents. Top candidates are caring, perceptive, and proficient with organizing children.
- Study, practice, and execute lessons in the relevant subject areas (Reading, Grammar, Science, and Social Studies) and grade (KG-G5) that influence students to master daily standard-aligned objectives, and ensure all lessons align with American Common Core Curriculum Standards.
- Creating classroom rules and safety regulations and ensuring all students understand them.
- Using a range of teaching materials and methods to deliver content.
- Providing additional support and interventions for struggling students and extra resources to those who are exceeding.
- Preparing students for tests, PBLs, presentations, experiments, and other assessments.
- Grading assignments and assessments and providing feedback and reports to students and parents.
- Attending staff and parent meetings to provide helpful recommendations or voice concerns.
- Establishing rapport and professional relationships with students, staff, and parents.
- Supervising students in class, during events, and on field trips.
- Monitoring students’ overall well-being and liaising with school counselors and other staff members when there are concerns or issues.
- Attending ongoing learning initiatives like workshops, lectures, conferences, and other events where you can expand education networks.
- Revise lessons for clarity, rigor, and relevance, with guidance and support from an instructional coach
- Collect and analyze academic and behavioral data to pinpoint student needs
- Proactively seek and implement feedback from team members and Instructional coaches to improve their practice, resolve challenges, and implement instructional improvements driven by quantitative and qualitative data.
KL International School is a private,co-educational, not-for-profit international school whose mission is to prepare creative,collaborative, and curious students who will thrive as educated global citizens, self-sustaining learners, and ethical leaders.
Chongqing Nuolin Bashu School for Foreign Personnel (KLIS for short) was established in 2015. It is the first and only American-style independent non-profit international school in the center of Chongqing approved by the Chongqing Municipal Education Commission.
The main enrollment of the school is The target is the accompanying children (non-Chinese nationality) of foreigners who legally hold foreign residence permits in China. The school aims to cultivate students with an innovative spirit, cooperation awareness, and learning quality, and provide students with personalized education and development, so that they can actively respond to the challenges of the changing world and become qualified global citizens and thought leaders.
The KL International School was founded in 2015 as the second licensed PreK – Year 13 international school for expatriates in Chongqing, China. KLIS is the only private, co-educational, not-for-profit international school in Chongqing and our mission is to prepare creative, collaborative, and curious students who will thrive as educated global citizens, self-sustaining learners, and ethical leaders. KLIS believes in being a “Responsive School for a Changing World”.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.