- Early Childhood, Elementary
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
To be eligible you must:
- Hold a degree from a university in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, South Africa, USA
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status/teacher accreditation (PGCE, Bed, DipT, etc.) A TEFL cert with a degree is not sufficient
- Have a minimum 3 years relevant classroom teaching experience post qualification with at least 1 year's experience of teaching English/ESL for secondary and lower primary (Key stage 1) experience for primary
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Be able to drive. Note that the test to obtain a Bruneian driving license will take place in a manual car
- Be under 55 years old at the time of arrival in Brunei Darussala
You will receive an excellent salary and benefits package for this role including:
- Genuine opportunities for continued professional development and progression
- A competitive tax-free salary of up to BND 66,000
- Contract completion bonus of 1/6th of salary
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- Generously sized living accommodation
- Settling in allowance
- Interest-free car loan
- Generous support for dependent children at an international school
- Low cost of living
- Support for dependent children at an international school
CfBT is currently recruiting Secondary School Teachers who will work in Government Schools in Brunei Darussalam teaching English to Bruneian children
CfBT has been working with the Brunei Darussalam government for nearly 40 years in support of the bilingual education policy.
As a teacher for CfBT, you will have the opportunity to:
- Focus on the essence of teaching and learning
- Make an impact and share your professional experiences
- Lead on professional learning opportunities and collaborate on national initiatives
- Develop cross-cultural professional relationships
- Work with highly motivated pupils where behavior is not an issue
- Be part of a global organization that works with governments, schools, and other partners across the globe to provide an excellent education for all
- Work for an organization that offers free membership or International Affiliate status of the Chartered College of Teaching
Teachers need to be qualified Secondary teachers (full eligibility criteria below).
Brunei Darussalam is a small peaceful country on the island of Borneo in South East Asia. It is surrounded by pristine tropical jungles and beaches with temperatures around 27 - 30 degrees all year.
Covid-19: We are following the guidance provided by the Brunei Government. We will ensure we keep all applicants updated with any changes. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and relevant child protection agencies
CfBT Education Services is part of Education Development Trust, an international not-for-profit organization working to improve education outcomes around the world, with offices in UK, Brunei, UAE, Kenya, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Zimbabwe and Sierra Leone.
At CfBT, we are committed to empowering teachers, inspiring learners and delivering education solutions in Brunei Darussalam. We recruit and carefully place highly qualified teachers, developed a nationwide programme designed to improve the quality and proficiency of literacy and numeracy teaching across Brunei, deliver expert training solutions to local companies and we remain the only company in Brunei that provides IELTS examinations for those who want to study or work abroad.
Our deep understanding of Brunei’s local context, specialist education expertise and project management skills allows us to achieve what matters to us most; contributing to His Majesty the Sultan of Brunei’s 2035 vision of a well-educated, highly skilled and accomplished population.