- Middle School
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Bachelor's Degree in Education
- IB teaching experience is a plus
- Valid teacher's certificate
- Previous work experience with Interactive Boards, various educational technology applications, and manipulatives is required
- Tax-free salary
- Health care
- Paid vacations
- External and internal professional development
- Career advancement opportunities
The Science Teacher will plan, teach, differentiate instruction, motivate, inspire and assess students in mathematics and science. The candidate will promote a high-quality, personalized education program that reflects the IB Program for Science.
- Plan Units of Inquiry and lessons by following the IB curriculum framework collaboratively with the IB Coordinator and Speciality Subject teachers
- Facilitate the learning of physical and life sciences.
- Select, store, order, issue, and inventory classroom equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials to prevent injury and damage.
- Utilize technology to effectively add dimension and quality to the learning.
- Write and implement learning objectives that are challenging and measurable;
- Ensure a physically and emotionally safe environment for students through positive framing, kind communication with students and adults, and predictable, consistent routines;
- Use classroom and behavioral management strategies that are positive, structured, consistent, respectful, and responsive to student needs, to build a safe, orderly, inclusive, and positive classroom community;
- Utilize an effective approach to time management, classroom organization and appearance, planning, teaching, and monitoring learning;
- Collaborate with parents or guardians, other teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students' behavioral and academic needs and/or problems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of inquiry and give students choices to show their understanding;
- Encourage students to interact and work cooperatively with others and engage all students in activities;
- Promote independence and employ strategies to recognize and reward achievement of self-reliance;
- Administer various assessments and use a wide array of data to make instructional choices and create specific action plans to increase student achievement, including dynamic student grouping for small group instruction;
- Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all learners, including English language learners.
- Develop incentives to keep participants engaged in the class.
- Contribute to the development of interdisciplinary learning and the development of transdisciplinary skills.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct student records as required by the School Leadership and Management
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Prepare and distribute required reports.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Develop professional relationships with other faculty members, agencies, and programs.
- Work with the School Leadership to ensure initiatives and deadlines are met.
- Enforce all administration policies and rules governing students.
- Collaborate with other teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of the school programs.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and professional development sessions to improve professional competence.
EGA is an IB PYP accredited school, an MYP Candidate, and CIS member school which offers an advanced education model in Doha, Qatar in addition to the Qatari Curriculum for the Arabic Language, Islamic and Social Studies. As of the academic year 2022/2023, we provide schooling to Pre-KG to Grade 7 students, and we plan for natural growth up to grade 12 in successive years.
EGA's education philosophy emphasizes inquiry, stimulates curiosity, and fosters comprehension and creativity. Students at the EGA acquire and practice strong leadership skills and develop a sense of global responsibility.
The school operates out of a purposely built campus situated on a 60,000 square meter land plot in the Northside of Doha. As of the academic year 2022/2023, our enrollment is nearly 1,300 students; however, the school campus' total enrollment capacity is 3,500 students.