- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate
- High School Diploma
- High school diploma or verifiable G.E.D.
- Demonstrated aptitude for the work to be performed.
- Past history of good attendance, being dependable, and punctual.
- Works effectively without direct supervision.
- Computer skills dependent upon position.
- Communicates effectively with children and adults.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Salary Range: $13.05 - $16.00 / Per Hour
Reports to: School Administrator(s)/teacher(s), director, and others dependent upon position
Job Goal: To assist in providing a well organized, smooth functioning school environment in which students can take full advantage of the instructional program and available resources.
- Maintain and respect confidentiality of all information acquired.
- Prepare all classroom activities under the supervision of certificated employee.
- Work with small groups of students to reinforce material initially introduced by the teacher or as identified through individualized testing.
- Assists individual children in need of special attention.
- Guide independent study, enrichment work, and
- remedial work established by certificated employee.
- Assist in preparing class displays and bulletin boards.
- Check notebooks, corrects papers, and supervise make up work and/or testing assigned by certificated employee.
- Assist in duties relating to supervision of student activities in any area on school campus where students are present.
- Assist certified employees with non-instructional duties such as snack, toilet, and clothing routines.
- Operate office, audio/visual, and technology equipment.
- Attend in-service training programs.
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned for the benefit of school programs.
Terms of Employment: Nine-month year. Hourly rate and workdays to be established by the Board approved schedules.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Support Staff.
The Bullhead City Elementary School District was founded in 1947, with the building of a one room, "Little Red School House." The district now includes six schools, one pre-school, three elementary, one middle school and one junior high school. Our modern facilities serve approximately 3,000 students, pre-kindergarten through eighth grades.